Thursday evening tv.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Cool. Always worth listening to.

tom73

Guru
May do the same.
when I did watch QT always found it handy to watch on iplayer. Then you can skip the crap bits. Trouble was it got to point that the introductions become the only bit worth watching. :laugh:

Slick

Guru
I think I'll have to break my long term avoidance of Question Time this Thurday, Chris Boardman is scheduled to be on the panel.
I recorded it and am watching it now. I trust you will be reinstating your long term avoidance plan? :wacko:

Slick

Guru
Because he spoke drivel, or because everybody else did? :whistle:
No, what little he said regarding active travel and the correlation of the strain on the NHS was good, but he had to go off topic to raise the issue and it was the only thing worth listening to in the whole programme.

tom73

Guru
watch on iplayer cuts out all the crap and takes about 5 mins to watch. He talked sense his data on health cost of being in active was interesting.

Drago

Legendary Member
No, what little he said regarding active travel and the correlation of the strain on the NHS was good, but he had to go off topic to raise the issue and it was the only thing worth listening to in the whole programme.
It's a shame he no longer cycles on the roads himself. While I do not agree, I do have the greatest empathy with his perspective on the matter. Nevertheless, that makes him the Emma Thomspon of active travel campaigning.

Slick

Guru
It's a shame he no longer cycles on the roads himself. While I do not agree, I do have the greatest empathy with his perspective on the matter. Nevertheless, that makes him the Emma Thomspon of active travel campaigning.
Probably very true but he does speak well even if most of it is on Twitter.

Sharky

Guru
Just watched on iplayer. He said very little.

I think it was a great opportunity missed. Nobody asked the most important question of all ....

"How do you free a stuck seat post?"

OP
OP
snorri

snorri

Legendary Member
I think he's a bit too reasonable an individual for QT nevertheless he got a lot of flak from Brexiteers for the little he said. Quoting a Tweet from him after the event........
The last 48h has been an ‘interesting’ insight into #Brexit (I’ve had in the region 1500 tweets on the topic). Not a single pro Brexit message no exceptions, gave a single reasoned argument/benefit just vitriol and insults like this*. Make of that what you will.

*On yer bike Chris. Do one. We voted already.

Top Bottom