Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - 17th April to Felpham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Marylebone to HPC is easy - down Seymour Place to Marble Arch, through the arch and use the pedestrian crossings to get across to Speaker's Corner, then down the Hyde Park bike path to the end. Again, pedestrian crossings to HPC.

Once you're back at Victoria, either ride up to HPC and do the same route in reverse or find a circle line tube back to Edgware Road, which is a very short hop from Marylebone.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be on this one otherwise I'd offer to meet you at Marylebone. I don't know if @McWobble is on it - he also arrives into Marylebone.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
thankyou, Tim and Stephen.

And Paul.......
1. Don't drive after the ride
2. The breakfast really is good. The Lobster Pot had an overhaul a couple of years ago, and the've put more and more effort in to the food, which, for a beach side cafe is really splendid.

Captain Defect

Regular
Marylebone to HPC is easy - down Seymour Place to Marble Arch, through the arch and use the pedestrian crossings to get across to Speaker's Corner, then down the Hyde Park bike path to the end. Again, pedestrian crossings to HPC.

Once you're back at Victoria, either ride up to HPC and do the same route in reverse or find a circle line tube back to Edgware Road, which is a very short hop from Marylebone.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be on this one otherwise I'd offer to meet you at Marylebone. I don't know if @McWobble is on it - he also arrives into Marylebone.
Thanks. The problem with the train is its very expensive. Im thinking of cycling to uxbridge where i can get tube to hyde park. On the return if i cant manage cycle home there is a bus.

Captain Defect

Regular
thankyou, Tim and Stephen.

And Paul.......
1. Don't drive after the ride
2. The breakfast really is good. The Lobster Pot had an overhaul a couple of years ago, and the've put more and more effort in to the food, which, for a beach side cafe is really splendid.
Im looking forward to that breakfast for sure

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks. The problem with the train is its very expensive. Im thinking of cycling to uxbridge where i can get tube to hyde park. On the return if i cant manage cycle home there is a bus.
Assuming that you aren't on a folder, you won't be able to get all the way to Hyde Park but you will be able to get to Baker St at least, which is near enough. Met line allows bike-sized bikes but the deep tube lines don't. Useful Map

Assuming that you aren't on a folder, you won't be able to get all the way to Hyde Park but you will be able to get to Baker St at least, which is near enough. Met line allows bike-sized bikes but the deep tube lines don't. Useful Map
I think that's probably the fastest route, but you could also change at Hammersmith to District line - just step across the platform - and get off at Victoria.

Captain Defect

Regular
Not on a fold up. On an old racer. Thanks for the info. Its hard work this cycling thing and thats just the planning lol. Hats off to simon for arranging these events

Captain Defect

Regular
Cheers
I think that's probably the fastest route, but you could also change at Hammersmith to District line - just step across the platform - and get off at Victoria.

Sketchley

Über Member

On the subject of cost. A return from Beaconsfield to Marylebone off peak is £20. Leaving Beaconsfield at 22:33 on Thursday get's you in at 23:01 with a short cycle to Hyde Park plus you can get any train home the next day. From Brighton to London St Pancras (takes longer than Victoria for some reason it's half the price to start with) on Friday morning is £9.90 or £4.45 with group save lots of trains after 9am. So £30 gets you home which doesn't sound too bad plus it's a bit less if you manage to find a group save.

martint235

Dog on a bike
On the subject of cost. A return from Beaconsfield to Marylebone off peak is £20. Leaving Beaconsfield at 22:33 on Thursday get's you in at 23:01 with a short cycle to Hyde Park plus you can get any train home the next day. From Brighton to London St Pancras (takes longer than Victoria for some reason it's half the price to start with) on Friday morning is £9.90 or £4.45 with group save lots of trains after 9am. So £30 gets you home which doesn't sound too bad plus it's a bit less if you manage to find a group save.
Errrrmmm I hate to be picky but he's going to be a fair way from Brighton on Saturday morning...... :whistle:

Captain Defect

Regular
Thanks for this. That sounds good. I will look into this when i get home.. this forum lark is quite good.

Captain Defect

Regular
Errrrmmm I hate to be picky but he's going to be a fair way from Brighton on Saturday morning...... :whistle:
Indeed unless i get lost lol. The main cost is going to be beaconsfield to london. Im quite happy to find some goup savers and return via bognor. I will check out cost for chiltern train from home to london but i thought bank hols are not off peak

Sketchley

Über Member

An off peak return from Beaconsfield to Marylebone which work for Thursday Night, rtn Friday PM is only £20. Bognor to Victoria can be had for £17:30(super off peak single) or £8.65 with group save. Sub £30 to get home isn't "very expensive" although it's not cheap!

Uxbridge to Zone 1 is = £3 off peak with Oyster so £6 in total if you have Oyster card (if not it's £5.90 each way) You can save £14 doing this instead of Marylebone route, question is if this is worth having to ride to and more importantly back from Uxbridge.

Note I've not checked for any engineering works on Marylebone line or the Bognor line for that matter....

As said above, do not drive...... Plus you might just fancy a beer in Bognor before getting the train home it has been known.

Top Bottom