Thyroid thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Hi all,

I have an under active thyroid after it previously being over active.

I wondered what if any supplements others take with UAT?

Sea kelp seems popular, I take 100mcg of levothyroxine which i think is too low but cannot get it changed by the doctor so looking for natural supplements

david

If they are doing the job properly then the Doctor should be monitoring your levels and adjusting the dose appropriately

Sometimes when you have been over-active, the change to "normal" may be a little more than you expected, and seem to be too low

Iodine intake is however something that you need to be careful of as overdoing this can reduce the thyroid action even further.

Dietary intake of Iodine can be a trigger for hypothyroidism in itself

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I was on 125mcg and was fine but then results came back too high so the dose was reduced, I'm not convinced the results were accurate as it was only one of many that suggested wrong dose. Now I've been tested and I'm in range but the lower end, doctor will not increase dose particularly as I get irregular heart beats from time to time. All the weight is creeping back on despite a good diet and exercise. Frustrating but the way it is, hence considering some additional support/supplements

Top Bottom