Ti e-bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am basically thinking aloud here.
I really have been impressed with my evoke. So much so I keep wondering what to do with my ti drop barred, triple geared commuter (well it used to be!).
I think it has a English BB and it’s very slightly too big for me, but I am loath to get rid of it as it’s really lovely to ride.
So, seeking your advice, would it be worth converting to a mid drive motor? Actually I have been reading about the Orbea gain and a lightweight hub motor sounds better.

I probably will not so it till next year, but would treat it as a lighter (compared to the current ebike), greater range bike as I will get a larger battery for it.

cheers

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Threaded BB are suitable to crank based motors. You could get a TSDZ2 with 'Open software'. Then you can compare how good or better the TSDZ2 is compared to your current bike.

There has been some further improvements in the programming and displays.

OP
OP
S

samsbike

Guru
Cheers Andy. I want to make this a bike I can take off road through more gnarly off road bits and maybe fit 650b wide tires on.

Also try and keep it light

No point have 2 very similar bikes

CXRAndy

Guru
Rear wheel off hub would offer better off road protection.

You would need a fairly powerful hub to match the torque of a crank motor. Off road is about instant grunt as opposed to max power

OP
OP
S

samsbike

Guru
Thanks

I wonder if I am just finding reasons to keep it. The current ebike is just fine on the road, if I am being honest with myself

Top Bottom