Tiagra shifters (Right one works, left on a little faulty)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
These are off a 2010 Tricross. 9 speed rear and a tripple.

The right one that does the rear cassette works perfect.

The left one has a fault. When going up it goes as it should but when coming down it either misses a trim point out, or goes straigh to the small cog. Obviously this wont be ideal for a "best" bike, but shoudl be OK for a pub bike.
Looking for £50 recorded delivery, or £45 pickup from Walsall.

I would give them an 8 out of 10 for cosmetic condition, they have been used and hav a few scratches but it doesnt really stand out.

Here is a stock photo to show what tehy are like as there have been a few versions over the years...

ShimanoTiagraShifter.jpg

I can do pics and a video if anyone is interested.

Paul.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Shameless bump because I dont want the hassle of ebay!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

When you say it goes straight to the small cog, does it jump and come off? or just stop at the small cog?

From what I remember, if you are on the middle cog with the trim to the right for the high gears on the rear cassette, or on the big cog, when you want to just tap it down 1 click it will drop all the way to the small cog, the chain doesnt come of as the limit is set by the low limit screw.

Have you found out what the problem with it is?

It has to be something to do with the ratchet inside. Probably an easy fix if someone were to know how to fix it. I dont have the time to research it though.

I have really priced this for less than just the right one would cost secnd hand, the faulty left is included in case anyone could fix it, ir just use it as a brake lever on a pub bike.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Hi,

Yes, that are still for sale.

If you are interested could you let me know ASAP as I have just taken photos of them as I was going to put them on the bay tomorrow.

Paul.

Top Bottom