Tibet write-up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Looking forward to reading this one!!! I shall sit down with a glass of vino tonight.

NickM

Veteran
Ditto :blush: (but with beer)

I love the bike page (being a bike nerd, I went there first, of course). I too spend countless hours thinking about the perfect world-touring bike... although mine would be a recumbent, and I'll probably never ride round the world anyway.

He says he needs a head torch - this one is the nuts.

NickM

Veteran
I spent some time last night gazing at MsM's Stumpjumper (a Tange Prestige steel one from about 1991), which has a fine Specialized alloy MTB-3 stem, Cinelli short reach drop bars, mudguards and slicks. It too has that look of "everything in its place". I really wish I could find a 17" Prestige Stumpjumper... it's one of the few uprights I'd like to own (frustratingly, there's a 19" in my LBS in fine condition, and at a very reasonable price too).

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
A splendid trip report - both the trip itself and the quality of the report. Thank you Kirstie.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I print out some of the travellers tales and read them in bed to the lady wife. We get vicarious pleasure from the reports until we can do another one ourselves. I shall put that one on the list.

At the moment I'm reading Fat Ash's world tour.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
What a very romantic idea...I shall suggest it to the husband.

I LOVE Fat Ashy's tour...he's amazing. I can't believe how much he's disliking India and am so relieved we didn't try and go it alone. Massive admiration for him.

Did you read 'Europe, a girl's perspective' over the summer? That was what kept me smiling as the rain came down all summer in Yorkshire. Brilliant journal!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
What a very romantic idea...I shall suggest it to the husband.

I LOVE Fat Ashy's tour...he's amazing. I can't believe how much he's disliking India and am so relieved we didn't try and go it alone. Massive admiration for him.

Did you read 'Europe, a girl's perspective' over the summer? That was what kept me smiling as the rain came down all summer in Yorkshire. Brilliant journal!!

Oh gawd, Cathryn, another one on the list!! Fat Ash is still in Slovakia so I've obviously got to read quicker. The trouble is that the missus keeps falling asleep after a couple of pages due to her overwork or my melifluous tones.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I liked the line in the warm up
...getting heat stroke, altitude sickness, two bouts of food poisoning and getting arrested in China ... was a life changing experienced...

just the way to get you wanting to know more...

Top Bottom