tick...tick tick tick...tick tick....AARGH!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks Betty, I'll check that at the weekend. Thanks also for other suggestions. Much appreciated.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
It may be worth putting up with the ticking for a couple of hundred miles as I have experienced similar noises on nw bikes before which have disappeared after "running in".

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Nice respray ? Tick
Comfy saddle ? Tick
Bling wheels ? Tick

Can you see where this is going ?? Tick :becool:

It's 'cos your 'new' fixie is so good :smile:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure it's not the chain. And I'm afraid my efforts to ride standing on the pedals came to embarassing nought. Just can't do it! I have a feeling it's headset, and I've a fiver's worth of ebay Campagnolo heading my way. Fingers x'd...

kewb

i had an annoying tick , couldnt for the life of me figure it out ,
turned out it was the magnet for the computer tapping the receiver at higher speeds as it twisted round on the spoke wee drop of superglue fixed it ,

on another occasion it turned out to be the toggle off my jkt hitting seat post ,
only discovered after riding along with an ear cocked up for about 2 miles trying to locate the source of the noise .

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had a really irritating squeak once - took ages and loads of trial & error changing bits on the bike before I suddenly realised it was my left shoe. Incidentally, I finally managed to ride standing on the pedals, while going up a steep hill, and lo & behold, it stopped! So it seems pretty much certain to be seat post and/or saddle. I'm hoping to do some fettling tonite...

Kablinsky

Very similar problem to one I had even down to the sound disappearing when out of the saddle. One click on every pedal rotation. Turned out to be the pedals themselves(Shimano M540). I was out of ideas and getting a bit frustrated so basically chucked a load of dry lube over them and hey presto. Clicking gone.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's sorted! It was the saddle after all. Thanks Betty. Makes such a difference. It shouldn't, but it does. Silence is golden...

Top Bottom