Ticker not updating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Set up a new ticker (tickerfactory one) in the new year, and it successfully updated a few times, but the last 4 or 5 rides I've updated the total mileage but it's not showing on cyclechat. When I click on the ticker to go to the ticker factory site, that is correctly showing my total, but not being reflected in my signature area.

Shaun

Founder
It's showing 296 miles both here on CC and on tickerfactory; have you changed the sig code recently?

The cyclingticker.com ones still aren't working correctly (I haven't had time to fault-find - still on the 'to do' list), so it's probably best for now to use the proprietary one from Tickerfactory. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It's working now - it wasn't when I posted the post above!! You must have waved some kind of wand over it without realising! Ta!

Your 2nd para - I am using the tickerfactory one, aren't I? Is that bit aimed at people using the other ticker thingy - the one without pictures?

Shaun

Founder
I am still horribly confused. There used to be a handy copy/paste bit of code to pop into your signature. Is that still possible/available somewhere? Please share. Thank you!
Which ticker are you wanting to use Rebecca?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
My Ticker Factory one doesn't show either - just

Shaun

Founder
It's not working properly at the moment - still need to fix it - but the code for your signature is:
Rich (BB code):
https://cyclingticker.com/ticker.php?user=USERNAME&group=cyclechat&distance=XXXXXXXX&units=mi

Add [ IMG ] to the start of the code and [ /IMG ] to the end of it (without the spaces).

Replace the username and distance with your info. :okay:

Cheers,

Shaun

Founder
I'm sorry - I don't see a username and distance in that code for me to replace with my own...?
Sorry, it was trying to render the image and wiping out the code in the process. Should be visible now. Just add the IMG tags on the start and end to complete it.

Cheers,

So - that's the code but, from what you're saying, it still won't work? In which case, what's the point of putting this code in my signature? (Sorry if I'm being dense.)

ETA: I got that code to produce something meaningful now, i.e. the error code that we've had for months, hence why I removed it from my signature ages ago. So I guess the present position is: it doesn't work, don't use it. I only asked in the hopes that the TimO had fixed it by now. :sad:

ETA 2: From post upthread, it appears others have found a different ticker that does work? Does it bring in data from MCL?

Last edited:
Thanks, Shaun. Unfortunately the code is so long, I can't have anything else in my signature. Also, I don't see any way it can update automatically from MCL, so I don't see any point. I'll wait for TimO. In fact, I'll start nagging him on Facebook. ^_^

Shaun

Founder
Thanks, Shaun. Unfortunately the code is so long, I can't have anything else in my signature. Also, I don't see any way it can update automatically from MCL, so I don't see any point. I'll wait for TimO. In fact, I'll start nagging him on Facebook. ^_^
The code shouldn't be all that long - if you're okay with it, PM me your TickerFactory account details and I'll see if I can sort it for you.

Don't let it stop you nagging Tim though, I'd really appreciate it if he could fix the ticker PHP for us ... the PHP7 upgrade seemed to throw it through a loop and stop it updating the data file. :okay:

Top Bottom