Tiers before bedtime....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I do find it odd you can go in pub/resteraunts here and order soft drink or hot drinks with no food.But you want a beer and you have to buy a "substantial meal"

I hope there is a list of what is substantive and what isn't! Toast... No. Beans on toast... Yes! Makes perfect sense :wacko:

lane

Veteran
I do find it odd you can go in pub/resteraunts here and order soft drink or hot drinks with no food.But you want a beer and you have to buy a "substantial meal"

Seen pubs are doing "substantial meals" for £2. Think one place was doing chip butty or beans on toast. The reason that the whole thing is such a nonsense is that there is a group in Government coming up with an initial set of rules which probably have some coherence, and then another group, who don't agree with the restrictions in principal, continually trying to get "tweaks" agreed, until the point is reached when taken as a whole they make the whole thing ridiculous. They will be less effective and the areas will never come out of restrictions on the basis of reduced infections.

Adam4868

Guru
Seen pubs are doing "substantial meals" for £2. Think one place was doing chip butty or beans on toast. The reason that the whole thing is such a nonsense is that there is a group in Government coming up with an initial set of rules which probably have some coherence, and then another group, who don't agree with the restrictions in principal, continually trying to get "tweaks" agreed, until the point is reached when taken as a whole they make the whole thing ridiculous. They will be less effective and the areas will never come out of restrictions on the basis of reduced infections.
Yes there was somewhere local,I think Preston where they were doing meals for a penny with a pint.Something along those lines anyway.Was told they weren't allowed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've decided to go into Manchester on Friday night and stay over as they have the Manchester Halloween Monsters and an art trail. Probably go in at lunch, find a 'pub' with a small substantial meal, go for a walk (see above), check in at hotel, pop out for a meal (booked), then back to hotel. Next day, we may find a pub with 'brunch' offer.

A few bars have got inventive. One 'renamed' itself a pizza restaurant, where you could buy slices. The Po-po went in and said the slices weren't a substantial meal - the slices were from a 22" pizza. Media interest and the Po-po reversed the decision.

Our intention is to find an independant for lunch without having to have a massive meal as got one booked for that evening. Could always have soup at 'spoons'.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Breakfast seems substantial enough....

...might have to have a couple of pints then....

Julia9054

Guru
We've decided to go into Manchester on Friday night and stay over as they have the Manchester Halloween Monsters and an art trail. Probably go in at lunch, find a 'pub' with a small substantial meal, go for a walk (see above), check in at hotel, pop out for a meal (booked), then back to hotel. Next day, we may find a pub with 'brunch' offer.

A few bars have got inventive. One 'renamed' itself a pizza restaurant, where you could buy slices. The Po-po went in and said the slices weren't a substantial meal - the slices were from a 22" pizza. Media interest and the Po-po reversed the decision.

Our intention is to find an independant for lunch without having to have a massive meal as got one booked for that evening. Could always have soup at 'spoons'.
I recommend https://www.thisandthatcafe.co.uk

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Breakfast seems substantial enough....
View attachment 554762

...might have to have a couple of pints then....

View attachment 554763
Lucky you. I was charged £20 for a "breakfast bag" left at my door. A small bottle of orange juice, a stale pain au chocolat, a box of some kind of muesli or trail mix and a yoghurt.

keithmac

Guru
I did laugh at this the other day, be careful its a bit sweary..

It's Adam from Man vs Food which makes it all the more appropriate.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1603785352935.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603785352935.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom