Tight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Think the scots are tight, they could learn a lot from the people in this county, some of them still have groats under the mattress.

stephec

Legendary Member
On the other hand, a Scotsman was willing to pay you more than any Englishman was.

And isn't a Yorkshireman calling someone else tight a bit pot kettle black? :biggrin:

Seriously though, I've been up north plenty of times for both work and holidays, and always been met with generosity.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Does that include the actual wardrobe too?

Looks like it. If I get any negative feedback I'll be suicidal. I am listing some more stuff tomorrow but won't be posting north of Carlisle. :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Looks like it. If I get any negative feedback I'll be suicidal. I am listing some more stuff tomorrow but won't be posting north of Carlisle. :smile:
Two basic tips:

1) Start your listing on a Thursday, to close 10 days later at 8pm on a Sunday
2) (And I can't overstress this) GOOD PHOTOS. Supersized, hosted on Photobucket or wherever.

snorri

Legendary Member
I've never believed that about Scots but I do now. I recently sold some bike bits and some old watches on Ebay :okay:

Last week instead of giving clothes and shoes to a charity shop like I normally do I listed some on Ebay, big mistake. Pair of of leather brogues, never worn, £2.20, Schuh unworn boots, £5, Mountain Warehouse jacket, 2 months old, (cost £65) £1.05!! etc I am getting mad wrapping them up, 8 parcels and every bleedin one going to Scotland. :cursing:
So when some Scots lived up to stereotype by exercising thrift in their dealings with you, why did you entitle the thread "Tight"?

:smile:

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Two basic tips:

1) Start your listing on a Thursday, to close 10 days later at 8pm on a Sunday
2) (And I can't overstress this) GOOD PHOTOS. Supersized, hosted on Photobucket or wherever.

I used to go for a Friday or Saturday night end when people will more than like be fired up after a few drinks and common-sense goes out the window.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've only tried selling 2 things on ebay, ever.
1) A car seat (from a Ford Galaxy, had been written off in a crash, removable seat was at home when crash happened). Specified local/pickup only, as I wasn't gonna try wrapping that bloody thing up. Successful bidder (£10) lived in Southampton. I'm in Northumberland. He explained he came up on business frequently, and could bung it in the back of his own car to take home, and we arranged a date for pickup. He didn't turn up. He wrote to me, apologetically, and sent me a tenner in the post, saying sorry for messing you around, please sell the seat again if you want to. I gave it to a Polish builder who was working on our house.
2) A vintage video camera from the 1980s, in a nice metal case, with all its bits and bobs intact an in good nick. Though it might be of interest to a collector, or summat. No interest, no bids.

:smile:

Top Bottom