Tights !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noddy63

Hi, been looking for some bib-tights, and all seem to have inseam of 27.5" leg (size L tights) Could anyone let me know if they come in a longer leg (i'm 33") or if i get some with foot loops they will stretch that far. If not it may have to be shorts and leg warmers.

vickster

Legendary Member
Assos sell in different lengths I think, expensive but end of season so might find some deals
It is now quite warm for tights
Get some longer socks otherwise?

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
At 6'4" I have never had a problem with bibs longs being too short as they all stretch. The only things I have had with foot loops were some old Ron Hill tracksters for running, I hated them and cut the loops off.

I have some Lusso bibs and they're good - UK company (I think all their product is UK made?) - size chart here: https://www.lusso.bike/pages/sizing
Out of interest are your lussos with a pad or without?
I acquired some (well washed) second hand ones without a pad recently and am very impressed. They don't necessarily look too special when not on, but they do seem to fit very well and to be well made.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A friend wears a lot of Lussos kit. The company is local to us. After an off his bib longs had a small hole in the knee. He dropped them in and they were returned very neatly patched with a small circle of material.

His second recent off, this is becoming a standing joke in our group***, the arm of a very expensive jacket was badly damaged. Dropped in to the factory again where both sleeves were replaced. I forget the cost but it was extremely reasonable by comparison with binning and replacing the jacket.

*** None have been serious but over the last 12 months this cycle buddy has spent more time on the floor than the bike!!!! Most recently, Monday, turning the bike round in that wobbly turn we all know and love. 🤔

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Hi, been looking for some bib-tights, and all seem to have inseam of 27.5" leg (size L tights) Could anyone let me know if they come in a longer leg (i'm 33") or if i get some with foot loops they will stretch that far. If not it may have to be shorts and leg warmers.

I'm 34" inside leg and always look for foot loops, ones without always ride up and expose ankles, and no- one (annoyingly) ever sells cycling kit in extra long, so I generally end up with xl or xxl, which are off course really for extra tubby rather than extra tall.

The foot loop ones seem to me much rarer these days, my current ones are planet x.

And

Fun sponge
I acquired some (well washed) second hand ones without a pad recently and am very impressed. They don't necessarily look too special when not on, but they do seem to fit very well and to be well made.
Without pad, I'm happy to wear shorts under them - they're several years old, and due to wear and weight loss, are ready for replacement. Lusso don't make the same design now, but the 'Cooltech' bibs are very similar so I'll be purchasing those for spring/autumn use. :okay:

Another 29 inch legger here. 34ish waist. My pearl izumis seem fine and also gore. Not a great problem to have some extra material at the bottom anyway as long as it doesn't approach 80s female legwarmer proportions. In some lurid pastel shade.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I'm 34" inside leg and always look for foot loops, ones without always ride up and expose ankles, and no- one (annoyingly) ever sells cycling kit in extra long, so I generally end up with xl or xxl, which are off course really for extra tubby rather than extra tall.

The foot loop ones seem to me much rarer these days, my current ones are planet x.
In my horse riding days I used to use jophur clips to stop my jodphurs from riding up, maybe these would also work with non-foot loop tights.
Probably best worn under overshoes though :ph34r:
1588359380982.png

OP
OP
N

noddy63

On the subject of pad, can someone please tell me, what does 2D,3D or 4D mean ?

Top Bottom