Tilley hats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Rhythm Thief said:
I was going to buy myself one, until I discovered that it would cost me £59. £59!! For a hat! :smile:

My most favourite sun hat cost me about £2 at a market stall in Portugal.
I absolutely hate haggling, and thought that was a good price. Now wish I had bought half a dozen, then I would probably never need to buy another sunhat. It is still going strong after ten years.

mark i

I have a Tilley, gets used every summer. They are pretty good, cotton so will be reasonably waterproof. They are fairly cool, more so if you soak it in water. I have had mine for around 8 years now, been through the washing machine a couple of times a year to keep it pong free!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Rhythm Thief said:
Or I've realised what a tit it makes me appear and it's hidden away in a cupboard for the rest of time.:biggrin:

;) Ahem ...

contactus.jpg

Brains

Legendary Member
I have a Tilly, always wear it in the mountains and when Canoeing,
Brilliant hat, totally indestructable, has the added advantage of passing through elephants, also has a strap when really windy and mine has a very nice multicoulered hat band made from shoe laces plated by a Peruvian little old lady

I have worn it cycling, it's a good sun hat, but can be a little warm, I find a cycle cap does almost as well but is not so hot.

£60 for something that will last a lifetime (it has a lifetime guarentee), I'd say it's a good investment, the cost is less than a single newspaper bought once a year for the rest of your life.

Debian

Rhythm Thief said:
Or (more likely) until I've lost it and someone else has found it. O

This is what puts me off such things. I'll either lose it, leave it behind somewhere or be wearing it in an open top car and it blows away never to be seen again. I left my best umpiring hat in the changing room Saturday before last and, of course, no-one has seen it or picked it up :whistle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Speicher said:
Now wish I had bought half a dozen, then I would probably never need to buy another sunhat. It is still going strong after ten years.

Blimey, Speich, you're either very young or planning on living a long time!

Friend of mine has one about 12 years old which had a seam come undone.... so he sent it back

True to their word they replaced it!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
rich p said:
Blimey, Speich, you're either very young or planning on living a long time!

I was allowing for giving a few away, and loosing one or two, and then living until I am 90 years old. :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
What are the options then for a man in his late thirties with little hair who needs to protect his noggin in the summer?

Sombrero? Pith Helmet? One of those comic hats with a beer can and straw each side?

Top Bottom