Time for a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deejayen

Veteran
I've been idly browsing audax-style bike - options are almost limitless if you include the smaller builders.

Some interesting ones which might be worth a look include the Ellis-Briggs Randonneur Special (centre-pull brake mounts).
ustomizedView33010933553_jpg-scaled-e1583434781145.jpg

From Italy there's the Tommasini Sintesi Randonne'e (Columbus Neuron tubes with 1cm difference between frame sizes).

KI1A3788%20(1).jpg

From the USA there's the Rivendell Roadini (or the USA-built, and three times more expensive, Roadeo), both with Rivendell features (more tyre clearance, slightly longer stays, and based around 'larger' frames).

square-1_6f75c3d8-d045-4ac8-aeec-03d42a265340_590x.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Condor Fratello is another rather lovely option (although rather more costly than Spa)

https://www.condorcycles.com/products/condor-fratello-disc-frameset?variant=37792958447766

I will need a new set of forks and complete paint job and group set, wheels. Want to get away from down tube shifters as well.

I am a big fan of old steel, I often ride with others who swear by them.

This is my 90's steel Battaglin I have owned from new. A couple of years ago I had the frame powder coated and fitted a dura ace groupset on it, doing away with the down tube shifters. I finished it off a set of period correct wheels.
I could have got a new bike for the money I spent on it, but I do like to ride this every now and again, although I use my carbon bike for longer audax rides.
immYZvD.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
da1esman

da1esman

Rebuild started well sort off Shimano group set Dura Ace ordered plus bottom bracket, head set and seat post, 5 weeks del window. Need to source a brooks saddle and arrange a spray job, maybe chrome my forks and one or two bits and pieces to sort out.

In the mean time bought a Halfords Carrera road bike second hand for £40 to get about for now

Top Bottom