Time For Something Faster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Lol, not bad for a first road bike... folk will be along soon to advise of the Triban 3 :whistle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
What about something like a nice Giant Defy. Nice entry level road bike and a lot less than £1700 for just the frame. I have a Defy and found that I have a lot of bike for my money with it.
There is a Giant Dealer in Wymondham, seeing you are in East Anglia.

What is your price range for a road bike?

Mrs BC and I have been riding Specialized Hybrids for some time now. We now really want something quicker and to extend our distances, we generally do 30 miles or so on the hybrids. We are mid 50's so not going to win or even enter any races.

We have been looking at these - http://www.enigmabikes.com/bike/bike-enigma-effusion.html. Any other ideas?

blimey, that's a bit of a leap...

Give you are both currently on Specializeds, I would have suggested something like the Secteur, or maybe the Tarmac - but if you fancy one of them, go for it. Money - you can't take it with you....

PpPete

Legendary Member
The Effusion would be chuffin' lovely.... but it's a heeeuuuge step change from a hybrid. If you are stuck on Enigma (and, if you can afford it, why not after all) then their Etape might be just a little more forgiving (and versatile too). The ever-popular Van Nicholas Yukon is in a similar class to the Etape. If you are spending that kind of money make sure you spend a long time trying out any bike you are thinking of.

Zakalwe

Don't think about it, do it.

I don't understand why everyone's advising you to save money and get an Evans special, life's too short to settle for less when you don't have to :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bad Company

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Ok we have been looking and perhaps the Enigma is a bit much for a pair of fair weather cyclists.

We took a look at the Specialized Roubaix and a Felt Z6. Both cost around £1600 with a few extras. I'm starting to think that is enough.

simon.r

Person
If titanium's a must, you could get two of these for the same money as your original link.

I ummed and ahhed over one recently, but my head won the argument and I spent a lot less. I have no first hand experience of them, but a bir of googling suggested they're well thought of.

Top Bottom