Time spent in the gym

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
In my school the gym classes were held in the local hall, we had gym classes in the period before the morning break. It was my habit to run home for morning coffee in the 15 minute break. This worked well until the new gym teacher arrived and he had us leaping around to such an extent that I was too exhausted to run home leaving barely enough time to drink coffee and change my books for the next lessons.
If gyms disrupt normal life I thought better avoid gyms, and that is what I have done ever since.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
NickM said:
This sounds dangerously obsessive to me (and I speak as a highly trained exercise physiologist).

Have you ever considered the advantages of beer?

Of course! I was having a beer last night with a nurse and her husband and she commented that she'd never seen me looking so fit. I've felt an awful lot better for it, and I freely admit that I've gone at it in a pretty relentless way for the best possible results.

bonj2

I don't like mtbing as much as i'd like to in this dreary weather. can't wait for the summer, when can go out in the evenings

trio25

Über Member
I love night riding on my mtb in the winter. But I hate cleaning the bike when I get home in the cold and the wet.

ash68

just finshed cleaning my commuting/winter bike . Found I had a slow puncture on the front and a broken spoke on the back wheel.So took a bit longer than I expected.Still, it's ready to go tomorrow morning, nice and clean, and lubed up ready for whatever the weather throws at us.;)

bonj2

Patrick Stevens said:
The local hard core mtbers go out at night with lights.

i know, i would but i haven't got any good enough lights...grr:angry:
been trying to get some ayups but they're out of stock/can't afford them till after xmas. will hopefully get some in jan.

bonj said:
i know, i would but i haven't got any good enough lights...grr:angry:
been trying to get some ayups but they're out of stock/can't afford them till after xmas. will hopefully get some in jan.
Lumi endurance battery with a 35w lamp.
Sorted. :tongue:

trio25

Über Member
I bought lights and gave up my gym membership, cost about the same. But night riding is definetly more fun than the gym.

andygates

It's so dark and norrible I'm just hibernating until the end of January. Nobody venture into my cave...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
andygates said:
It's so dark and norrible I'm just hibernating until the end of January. Nobody venture into my cave...

Me too, I should be just finishing my Sunday night 25 miler with a few pals, (inclement weather is usually part of the fun) but neither I nor any of the others could be bothered to endure the weather tonight :evil:

Definitely going soft.

Top Bottom