Time Travellers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Photo taken in 1898.
Spooky ain't it?
Screenshot_20221202-223206-690.png

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Photo taken in 1898.
Spooky ain't it?
View attachment 669878

Not really, they did have cameras back then.

And why isn't she in school, it's not a Friday?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My dad's best friend was in the Hitler Youth. He claimed that Stalingrad cured him of any nazi delusions.

My mate Tony's dad was a Pathfinder in the Waffen SS.
He was in Poland 3 weeks before the war started on 'special preparatory operations'.
He got wounded on the Eastern front later on and won the Iron Cross - given to him personally by Hitler whilst he was in hospital back in Germany.
He was later captured by the Americans during the Battle of the Bulge and sent to an American prison camp, before ending up in England; married an English girl and worked for British Rail until he retired.
I met Tony's dad back in the 1990s, a couple of years before he died, but didn't know his history. It was only after he died that my mate told me his back story - and that I was one handshake away from Hitler. :ohmy:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My mate Tony's dad was a Pathfinder in the Waffen SS.
He was in Poland 3 weeks before the war started on 'special preparatory operations'.
He got wounded on the Eastern front later on and won the Iron Cross - given to him personally by Hitler whilst he was in hospital back in Germany.
He was later captured by the Americans during the Battle of the Bulge and sent to an American prison camp, before ending up in England; married an English girl and worked for British Rail until he retired.
I met Tony's dad back in the 1990s, a couple of years before he died, but didn't know his history. It was only after he died that my mate told me his back story - and that I was one handshake away from Hitler. :ohmy:

Yebbut, I am not sure what's worse, meeting Hitler or working for BR! 😆

Seriously though, that's a fantastic story!

Top Bottom