Time Travellers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
More interested in what the hell is behind her on left. Is it an alien?

Looks like a dog that's moving and getting a bit blurred, or something.

I have no idea of the exposure, but it probably wasn't very quick.

Back to the WW2 bit
My ex mother-in-law was Austrian - hence German as far as the Nazis were concerned

It was strange watching was films with her and her commenting on what her brother did during the war
and remembering that he was on the other side

Her Father was also involved in the war
He was Ukrainian and hated the Russians - the Germans came slightly behind them
apparently he escaped from 5 concentration/political prisoner camps during the war - some Soviet and some German
Towards the end of the war him and some others swam across the Danube at night to try (successfully) to get to the Allies side and get away from the Soviet side because they would almost certainly have killed him.
Didn't really ever talk to him - he talked AT me a few times but when I first met him his accent was so strong I could never understand a word he said.
Apparently he often forgot who I was and just carried on in Ukrainian until his wife realised and rescued me

Unfortunately no-one ever got to know his whole story because he was difficult to talk to - which is a shame but I guess most people are like that with parents - after they die you realise how much you wanted to ask them!!

My Dad mentioned several things about the war in passing that I wish I had asked more about but there you go

(one was "somethingsomethingsomething a girl who lived down there" every time we travelled down to the Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford - he would never expand on THAT one! - my Mum never came with us)

Top Bottom