Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
This season I've improved on the two local Evening 10 courses I use.

First my clubs sporting course the UC108a my PB is 26:16.

I also sometimes ride the UC186 which my PB is 24:05.

Nice one :bravo:

On 10mile TTs

Up north my PB was 26.06 on my first go I haven't done the course again (old wheels and tri bars)

On a course with over three times the amount of climbing (271m) I barely got below 30mins (with old wheels and no tri bars)

On the Kings Cliffe last month I was 29.08 on my first go and 27.54PB the next week; I reckon I could do better with my new wheels and tri bars.

On the PCC (Helpston) TT I was 27.56 first go but on the go after my Kings Cliffe TT I was 27.23 with new wheels (I've done it 3 times) and I think I could get that down further with tri bars or if I were to spend on better wheels again/discs, TT frame, helmet etc,

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
10 mile: 00:21:22
25 mile: 00:54:20

Hill Climbs, best 3 positions, 4th, 5th, 8th (Entry to HC's goes on position rather than time as the hills are all different distances etc)

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Always been an off road rider myself but here are some times from the TT's that I did ride.

5 mile 11.54
10 mile 23.20
25 mile 1.01.23
30 mile 1.12.21
50 mile 2.18. 06

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Hill Climbs, best 3 positions, 4th, 5th, 8th (Entry to HC's goes on position rather than time as the hills are all different distances etc)

My local hill climb is Hinton Hill, where my PB is 3:06.

This year I'm hoping to go under 3 minutes :sad:

endoman

First season as well, cut short by being knocked off a couple of weeks ago and breaking ankle. Got some good goals for next year now.

10 20:31
25 53:06

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
1st full season for me.

First season as well

My 1st season too :smile: More to come!

Just goes to show that a bit of hard work pays off!

TBH, not much a of a PB chaser myself, I am more concerned with my position relative to the field, so don't travel to fast courses much (especially as I don't drive), I usually just race on the local crater fests. My one opportunity for a fast 10 mile time was squandered this year.

Bill you will be a 19 minute man next year! I should get a short 20. BTW, you probably saw me at the weekend at the Stone Wheelers while you were watching at the turn.

Just need to plan the season properly and not get drawn into racing everything and anything like I did this year, I was racing twice a week (wanted to win the club TT championship, which I did, so was doing club events on Mondays, opens Saturdays), if not more. It is just too much if you want to perform at your best. In fact last 2 weekends + this weekend, I will have raced an open 25 on the Saturday and an open HC on the Sunday and IMO the HC's suffered. This Saturday is my last 25 of the season though then it is uphill only :smile: I think I should be able to get a ride in the national based on my results so far this HC season (13th and 5th) with 3 more qualifying events left.

Last edited:

endoman

Yes I did see you Rob, tried to shout, but as I know if you are trying you notice nothing outside your zone.
You certainly do need to train effectively to get the times down, I've ridden less hours than last year which was my first full year on a bike, but they have been specific sessions. I like the structure, others it doesn't suit.

You doing any hill climbs in Derbyshire? Beeley suits a tester pretty well.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yes I did see you Rob, tried to shout, but as I know if you are trying you notice nothing outside your zone.
You certainly do need to train effectively to get the times down, I've ridden less hours than last year which was my first full year on a bike, but they have been specific sessions. I like the structure, others it doesn't suit.

You doing any hill climbs in Derbyshire? Beeley suits a tester pretty well.

I didn't know the course so flicked my Garmin to map screen at the turn to make sure I didn't take a wrong exit as I try not to rely too much on a marshal sending me the right way. So would probably not have noticed you as I will have been trying to go fast and also navigate, lol! I saw your comment on the other forum about being able to tell who was trying and who wasn't, I hope I was one of the ones who looked like I was trying, hah! The only side on pic of me in a race was caught this weekend and guess what, it was right at the moment I looked at my Garmin, so my helmet tail is pointed up, lol!

My only HC's are in the J district, other than the Rake in Ramsbottom and The Stang so none in Derbyshire. Got the Cat and Fiddle this weekend, that suits testers and roadmen, as does Long Hill.

frank9755

Cyclist
Some fast times above!
Mine are:
25 58:25
50 2:05:52
100 4:16:21
12-hr 255.9
24-hr 391

The one I'm most proud of is the 12-hour. Next year, I'm going to focus on the 24 - unless life gets in the way!

Top Bottom