Tinkering with an old Carlton Corsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

littlee

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Some pics of the corsa I'm trying to improve. The front end ihas been stripped and regreased. The rest is ongoing. New gear cables to fit and set up, new ball bearings to fit and grease on the pedals, cassette, rear wheel. New tyres and chain required. Does anyone know where to get chains from please? Not sure wether to do the paint or leave it 'original'.
Any thoughts/suggestions, good or bad appreciated.

Last edited:

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Best price for chains is halfords but you need to reserve and collect. Think last ones were under £4. They are the clarks anti rust ones.

OP
OP
littlee

littlee

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks for the comments, its finally back on the road. Rides quite well - braking need a bit of planning tho . Surprised how well the gears change, not sure about the originality of them, Huret front and Sunrace on the rear. I had a second hand Catalina when i was at school which was a late 60s model (going by info on frame numbers from various sites) and that had Huret front and rear. Keeping the original paint, as most people, including me, like it, just needs a good clean now.

But anyway it needs to go further than round the block a few times to see how good or bad it really is.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very nice :becool:

Top Bottom