Tirreno - Adriatico : 9-15 March 2016 ** Spoilers **

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Anyone know what happened to Cancellara? Nearly 4 minutes down on the stage...
He heard that Oleg was waiting to hug him at the finish:
@my_shoes93 tweeted:
3h ago
@f_cancellara and Oleg Tinkov in #TirrenoAdriatico http://pic.twitter.com/2RHk7tz8Pw

But I found nothing much on Twitter or the coverage websites.

Gavira looked great! Him and Ewan are shaping up to be a top class in the next year or two in the GC stages....

I'm surprised this sails under the radar, as it had the best trophy in all sports
I am not sure about Ewan yet, and was surprised at his stage result, but I got Gaviria at decent odds to win today's stage so I'm happy enough. I would have been happier had Modolo not finished one place ahead of Hofland...8/9 H2H

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Indeed, it was, but it was also a team effort. Puccio can complain all he likes, but Dimension Data did that perfectly. With Cummings riding originally for EBH, he wasn't going to help Puccio. He just took his opportunity when he was certain that EBH wasn't going to be fighting for the stage. And Berhane made sure that the groups dithered so Cummings could get away. I was extra pleased that Berhane got on the podium too in the end.

Tomorrow's stage cancelled due to snaw
CdXs3wHWwAASw7C.jpg

Nibali has faced some fairly strong criticism for saying he may not race the Giro if there's a chance of cancelled stages. He's becoming a bit of a fool really, this, throwing a water bottle at Froome and a few other petulant moments and mini-feuds are starting to make him look a bit infantile.

oldroadman

Veteran
I am not sure about Ewan yet, and was surprised at his stage result, but I got Gaviria at decent odds to win today's stage so I'm happy enough. I would have been happier had Modolo not finished one place ahead of Hofland...8/9 H2H

All others please note, two "i" in Gaviria. He's the real deal. Others be afraid, he's young, blindingly fast, has endurance and speed, can do the hard sprints, and has been helped along the way by one Mark Cavendish. He'll probably be getting a text telling him that he won't win so many on the hoods! This man could be firing down the Champs with his hands in the air in a very few years time. One to watch, mainly from behind for a lot of people in the pro peloton.

Top Bottom