Tiverton Parkway to Tiverton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Dear Commuters,

Does anyone have any idea if the route from Tiverton Parkway Station to Tiverton (NCR3) is traffic free ? Someone I know is thinking of taking a bicycle from Taunton to Tiverton Parkway, then riding the bike to Tiverton. The route is about 7 miles, and supposedly runs on NCR3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiverton_Parkway_railway_station describes the route as :

"the National Cycle Network Route 3 (Bristol to Land's End) passes through the station and provides a safe and quiet route to local towns. "

But the map seems to show it on roads.

Any Devon gurus here ?

Thanks
Andrew

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It appears to be a mix...

bonker

Guru
That route is a mixture of the old road, lanes and canal towpaths. You could pick up the Tiverton canal in Sampford Peverell (the first village) and take it all the way to Tiverton if you like but the route shown and the old road aren't too bad. It all depends what the rider is used to. I grew up in that area but cycle into Brixton these days and wouldn't think twice about using the old road .

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Superb, I had only been looking at Google maps and it wasn't clear. - So this would be a perfectly sensible commute :smile:

Brilliant :bicycle: thank you all SO much !!!

Top Bottom