To all the Yorkies out there... Any suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Well, i got a lovely glossy brochure from the tourist office...unfortunately the map doesn't go as far out as the designer outlet, am i correct that it's the Main Street end of Fulford Road that I want????

Arch said:
hmm. I've met Kermit (it is Kermit, right, Mickle?), and unless he's been done up a lot, I'd say 'motorhome' was perhaps a little grand as a description!:rolleyes: Mind you, the woodburning stove is news...

We got thrown off a caravan park once, for being bright green. Caravans can only be beige, y'know...

Naburn might be a good bet, you can get into the Designer Outlet the back way from the Naburn Road, avoiding the double roundabout on the A19. In fact, even coming from Fulford, it might be nicer to detour up Naburn Lane, over the flyover and in the back way, than do that roundabout... Not sure if there is accommodation in Naburn though - I can't remember noticing anything as I ride through.

It's not 'Kermit' he went before I got there, it's the 'Camper Van'. Which is a camper van.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
It's not 'Kermit' he went before I got there, it's the 'Camper Van'. Which is a camper van.

;)

I stand corrected. So out of touch... But no-one's given the camper van a Muppet name? That's a bit shoddy...:biggrin:

Yeah, punky, it's the Main Street end you want, the end furthest from town... That'll put you about 5-10 minutes from the Outlet.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Booked into The Saddle Inn on Main Street now, none of the B&Bs would let us have a room for just the Friday night as they said they then can't rent it for the rest of the bank holidays, so we were down to pubs...One of the B&B's recommended the Saddle, so we shall see - at least we'll be close to a pint, which I'm sure we'll need! ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
Booked into The Saddle Inn on Main Street now, none of the B&Bs would let us have a room for just the Friday night as they said they then can't rent it for the rest of the bank holidays, so we were down to pubs...One of the B&B's recommended the Saddle, so we shall see - at least we'll be close to a pint, which I'm sure we'll need! :smile:

Oh that's very well placed, yes. Don't think I've ever been in there as a matter of fact.

You'll have to tell us if you want encouraging company the evening before!

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Arch said:
Oh that's very well placed, yes. Don't think I've ever been in there as a matter of fact.

You'll have to tell us if you want encouraging company the evening before!

YES!!! Come along!!! It's got really good web reviews as a pub, would be fab to meet up for a pre-ride pint!!!! :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
YES!!! Come along!!! It's got really good web reviews as a pub, would be fab to meet up for a pre-ride pint!!!! :sad:

Ah! Just thought. Might be tied up with the GetCycling Show, which is on next day... Bugger!:biggrin:

Will be able to let you know nearer the time I guess.

I'll probably regret asking this:rolleyes:, but do you want a jersey for the emu?:biggrin:

Christopher

Über Member
Go get 'em punky!

I won't be able to see you off, as Herself has stated that I'll be on holiday in Scotland then. However I can lend thee a bivvy bag for Jane - the thing is really a plastic bag with pretensions to tentness.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Arch said:
I'll probably regret asking this:rolleyes:, but do you want a jersey for the emu?:sad:

Well, we have consulted emu and he says due to his body shape he doesn't really fancy being tied to the handlebars, as this would probably squash his insides and bend his legs, so he is not keen on the idea...However, there is a very small grey cat that would love a tiny jersey to keep him warm while resting on the stem ;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The Saddle Inn is a really nice pub. The food menu used to be really great. The other pubs in fulford aren't any good at all, although the wellington is a sam smiths pub. Lower fulford is pretty quiet and pleasant and it's close to the turn off to the turnoff to naburn lane.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
marinyork said:
The Saddle Inn is a really nice pub. The food menu used to be really great. The other pubs in fulford aren't any good at all, although the wellington is a sam smiths pub. Lower fulford is pretty quiet and pleasant and it's close to the turn off to the turnoff to naburn lane.

Phew...glad to hear it, we rang another one called Adams House, but the guy seemed quite grumpy and it put me off (might have been wrong, but gut instinct didn't like it :thumbsup:)

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
Well, we have consulted emu and he says due to his body shape he doesn't really fancy being tied to the handlebars, as this would probably squash his insides and bend his legs, so he is not keen on the idea...However, there is a very small grey cat that would love a tiny jersey to keep him warm while resting on the stem :tongue:

OK. PM me the dimensions, length, width etc, and if you can a pic so I can judge the shape....

If very small, the jersey may not be all that detailed.....:biggrin:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Arch said:
OK. PM me the dimensions, length, width etc, and if you can a pic so I can judge the shape....

If very small, the jersey may not be all that detailed.....:rolleyes:

Will do, Thanks! :smile: If it's too small for a proper knitted pattern, there is always the easy option of sticking a label on it :ohmy:

Top Bottom