To Altura Nevis / Nightvision jacket owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I only use mine to go over the top of my work clothes when I commute in on a Saturday, because it isn't too far and I always overheat. Anyway, this infrequent use may have something to do with me only just finding that on the sides of the jacket, under the arms, there is a zip on each side that allows you to open a vent on each side!

This has made a pretty nice difference to the sweat factor in the jacket!

Can't believe I've only just noticed, I've had this jacket for a year ;):tongue::smile:

longers

Legendary Member
;) indeed.

:blush:.

Tynan

Veteran
dear god

it was one of the major factors in me choosing it

been open since minute one and I've only just started to be able to wear the top zipped up over a short summer top since it got bitchin cold

lovely top but too bloody warm for anything other than proper cold weather

for me anyway

Tynan

Veteran
too expensive and not visible enough

I'm very pleased with the visibility of the Nightvision and at the moment with the warmth

granted its going to be too warm for me for any time vaguely mild

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Breathability of any waterproof is totally overcome by my bodyheat in 10minutes... unless I am commuting into uni or to work, when my speeds are much lower, and the jacket keeps me dry and warm (and was fairly low cost)

I tend to wear my Altura softshell unless it is raining.

I don't ride with anything more waterproof than my Gore gilet when I'm out on a proper ride (or when I was commuting in London for that matter), as I'd rather be a comfortable temperature and wet, than boilling and bathed in my own sweat.

Tynan

Veteran
yes, ditto, wearing the NV at the mo because the visibility is superb, very noticeable indeed

but as soon as the weather is warmer I'll need something else for sure

Top Bottom