To ID, or not to ID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
2897580 said:
I have got a letter from Aviva to tell me that an endowment policy is due to pay out and, amongst other stuff, they want a copy of a bank statement to pay the money to. They have never bothered about it all the time it has been paying in though.

Didn't you know it requires effort to get water to flow up hill?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I lost a digital camera at the French terminal of the Channel Tunnel, I called them and they said a camera similar to my desription had been handed in and I could collect it when I was passing through again in a weeks time. I duly arrived at the lost property bit, described the camera and she found one exactly matching every detail, plus a record of my phone call. She then wanted further proof that it was mine (there were no other cameras reported lost) .... I suggested we might turn it on .... if there was a photo of me at the channel tunnel sitting in the sun whilst delayed there was a slim chance it might be mine ... she phoned her superior ....

gary r

Guru
i was being hounded by one of our office staff (who id never met) for a copy of my driving licence
"you need to provide me with a copy of your driving licence otherwise it could jeapordise your work position" she said
"i dont drive any company vehicles so you dont need to see it" was my reply
"well we still need to see it"
this went on for a number of weeks when she called again asking for it
"i dont have a driving licence,stick that in your records "was my reply (i do, i was just being awkward)

musa

Über Member
my sister used to work for the Passport office, and used to tell me people will come in dressed in the old clothes posed in the picture,,,forget using a recent photo just use an old one:laugh:

Top Bottom