To ride or not??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Not wanting to spread my germs around the gym I've decided to give it a miss today, but it's sunny and I want to go on my bike.
I'm wary though, after feeling so knackered last time I ventured out. (my mile commute to work hasn't been an issue, but why would it be?! )
The only flat route I can think of has a section over the golf course and it's going to be muddy. The only other alternative is to do a road route, but that's never much fun in traffic.
I could always just go out and turn left, then right, then see where I end up for a bit.
hmmm. I might have a cup of tea first.

gbb

Legendary Member
Personally, when I have a cold or virus, I stay off the bike, or at best cycle very steady if I feel ok'ish.
The body is a finely tuned thing, you tip over the edge very easily with a cold and risk bonking very easily if you overdo it even just a little.
Very very steady if you do.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I was going, honest, but then I got side tracked and watched The Change Up instead - funny funny film.
I'll ride the long way to work instead, promise.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I remember being told with running, if its a head cold its fine, if its very chesty dont go out - no idea how much fact is in that.

Take some Lemsip Max/Sudofed Decongestant and youll probably surprise yourself by being faster than normal.

Top Bottom