To sell or keep ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The rat bike i built up im considering selling as money is tight but as its had a new headset, chain and cassette in the last 6 months i reckon i would just about recoup my costs.
The frame is tatty which would put a lot of people off , i dont know whether its worth keeping it or running it into the ground?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Only a decision you can make really.. how tight is money? How much do you use it? Do you have an alternative to use in its absence? How much would it cost you for a comparable replacement?

I'm in a similar boat with my ofo; owes me about £100 which I might just get back if I sold it.. planned on keeping it is a utility bike but now I have an old road bike which is better in some respects (faster, better gearing, mudguards that fit!) and worse in others (no inbuilt / automatic lighting, worse gear shifting, an unknown quantity).

Also FWIW I regret selling my old Giant (which like yours had had a few new bits recently) in a fit of "decisiveness" recently - I thought I'd done well at the time and the guy who bought it did so for the bits to put on another bike... components that (with a few exceptions / tweaks) would have gone very well on my new road hack :rolleyes:

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Do you use it for transport? If so then what would you use if you didn't have it? Car? Public Transport? Another bike? If anything other than the latter then it'll cost you money to sell it on. Even then you have to weigh up the cost of losing a more expensive bike.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Under £100 there's still demand as people are returning to work but put off by public transport.

Above that you might struggle: if you're hoping for more I'd suggest keep it.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do you use it for transport? If so then what would you use if you didn't have it? Car? Public Transport? Another bike? If anything other than the latter then it'll cost you money to sell it on. Even then you have to weigh up the cost of losing a more expensive bike.
i do have 3 others

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I've got rid of three bikes over the years and I now regret it.
1. A rather nice Evans tourer.
2. A cronky Elswick cromo frame with centre pulls, large flange campag hubs and a fixed wheel.
3. A Viner Columbus SL with 3tt L shaped cranks.
I miss no 2 the most.
I say keep it!

Well Mrs CK needs new glasses 😣

I don’t mean to be rude but how expensive are glasses?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Size, photo?

32" chest size.

Top Bottom