To shave or not to shave????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pumaspeed

Hello everyone ive just got into road racing bikes and was wondering if i should start to shave my legs as hairy legs and lycra do go! please any help thankyou.:ohmy::biggrin:

I would wate till have some rides under my belt first.

Big T

Guru
If you're road racing then it's more or less compulsory to shave - you'll get called a gorilla if you don't. Plus, higher chance of falling off and getting gravel rash. Smooth legs seem to slide better on tarmac and you don't want the stcking plaster sticking to the hairs on your leg.

Aint Skeered

I am sure you will love the buzz you get from racing.
But just in case, start by just shaving the one testicle.

AnotherComeBack

I had a big 'off' at the new Hogg Hill Road Racing Circuit last week and suffered large areas of track burns on thigh, hip and upper arm. Changing the dressings on my legs (shaved) is not too much of a problem - after soaking in the bath for 10 mins. But changing the dressings on my unshaved arms is a nightmare. It's not the sticky plaster that causes the problem, but the plasma which is ouzing out all the time and sticks the dressing to what's left of my skin and hair.

thePig

I completely understand the functional reason for shaving legs and why racers do it. But don't think I could every bring myself to do it.....it would just feel wrong.

Then again I have never been the victim of gravel rash.

Top Bottom