Toasters

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I know there is another thread asking Why questions, but I can't find it so my question is why do they sell toasters in the UK that UK bread doesn't fit into?

Last week our Morphy Richards toaster suddenly started tripping the RCD, I was out on Saturday & there happened to be a Curry's in the same block of shops, so nipped in & came out with a Breville, tries to use it this morning, using a standard slice of bread it was stuck out nearly an inch, but the slot isn't large enough to get it in sideways, anyway packed up & going back later for a refund.

Alex321

Veteran
I think that toasters are designed to fit slices from "sandwich" loaves.

I've never understood why there are certain loaves (normally rectangular rather than domed top) which are called "sandwich loaves" - what do they think we do with other shapes of loaf?

I've never yet found a toaster which fits the "farmhouse" type loaves (which is also what normally comes out of my breadmaker). I always have to turn the slices over part way through - end then end up with paler bits at the top & bottom.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Are Dualit any better or are they just The Guardian readers choice?
Replaceable parts and not made in China so it won't spy on you.

postman

Legendary Member
Only last week our toaster died.The new one will not take crumpets they are too fat.So I bash them with my hand and make them a bit flatter.Never had that trouble before.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Our four slice toaster does Warburton's bread, just goes in sideways. We've only ever had one toaster that did proper sized bread
The last MR did that, that's the kind I'm looking for

Top Bottom