ToC Stage 5 - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
I'm watching the stage 5 TT at the moment on the amgen-toc site, I've seen that there is a shop called Rasmussen Gifts & Fabrics. Solvang was originally a Danish community.

softpeadals

Sorry,what is the point you are making?

Keith Oates

Janner
Of more interest is probably the fact that David Millar came second in the ITT ahead of some very big names.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 30.47
2 David Millar (GBr) Slipstream Chipotle Presented by H30 0.29
3 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle Presented by H30 0.45
4 Gustav Larsson (Swe) Team CSC 0.57
5 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC 1.05
6 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle Presented by H30 1.15
7 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Astana 1.19
8 Tom Zirbel (USA) Bissell Pro Cycling 1.24
9 Benjamin Jacques-Maynes (USA) Bissell Pro Cycling 1.25
10 Kim Kirchen (Lux) High Road 1.28
11 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) High Road 1.29
12 Vladimir Gusev (Rus) Astana 1.35
13 Jurgen Vandewalle (Bel) Quick Step 1.39
14 Christopher Horner (USA) Astana 1.42
15 Rubens Bertogliati (Swi) Saunier Duval-Scott 1.43

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
softpeadals said:
Sorry,what is the point you are making?

I just saw the name and made the Danish connection after first thinking somebody had cashed in on the name.....
No insinuations about drugs or Mexico intended - I had just forgotten the name since last summer.

On the riding front, it is looking good again for Slipstream, but Levi probably has it wrapped up now unless he misses a break with Millar, VdV or Larsson in, which is unlikely.
Loving the hardware there too with all the shots the cameramen are getting of it, and also the visors attached to the Slipstream Advantages (one of those would solve my vision issues in TT mode).

mondobongo

Über Member
Excellent well done David tis a shame that Leipheimer put 30 seconds into him.
Quite a big stage tomorrow with 4 big climbs fear that Millar's legs may suffer after todays effort, would love to see him take the GC. What a great start for Slipstream.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, Cancellara was quoted as saying that Slipstream will be making a major effort to win one of the last stages and he thinks that they will. Lumpy but not too steep stages (couple of Cat 3 and 4 hills) do suit Millar... and Van der velde is looking very good too.

Top Bottom