Today I have....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Well done.

And as Lao Tzu might have said if he were writing a history of cycling in Leicestershire, "even a book of a thousand pages has to start with a single word".

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
<OT>Hey Hilldodger, do you want to buy another H Van? Mine is for sale.:biggrin:[/OT]

Blimey, that's huge:ohmy:

Afraid I have my hands full with the one I've got and a rusty Capri:sad:

Will I be in it, Hilldodger? :biggrin:

* Wonders if Hilldodger is the same chap who I spoke too regarding a tandam racing photograph last year, or the year before? *

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Lord of the Teapot said:
Will I be in it, Hilldodger? :biggrin:

* Wonders if Hilldodger is the same chap who I spoke too regarding a tandam racing photograph last year, or the year before? *

Yes I am.

You probably won't be in it unless you were riding a bicycle prior to the first war:ohmy:

Seriously, I will be including Saffron Lane and might require pictures at some point.

Hilldodger said:
Yes I am.

You probably won't be in it unless you were riding a bicycle prior to the first war:biggrin:

Seriously, I will be including Saffron Lane and might require pictures at some point.

I wasn't... Honest!

Let me know if/when :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, good luck. Will it be one of those books that comes out in phases, like the OED, over decades, and by the time it's finished, you'll be starting the second edition with all the new evidence you've found?:biggrin:

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Arch said:
Yeah, good luck. Will it be one of those books that comes out in phases, like the OED, over decades, and by the time it's finished, you'll be starting the second edition with all the new evidence you've found?;)

Yep, I don't doubt it!

Of course, other books on the history of cycling (although excellent) are going to look a bit out of date with no mention of Leicester - the city really is that important to the early history of cycling in England.

Oh, and Arch, there will be both signed and unsigned copies available!

Top Bottom