Today I joined the ranks of the camera warriors...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
What camera did you get ?

I got the SJcam SJ4000 after reading the M10 review on here.
It's essentially the same, but I wanted wifi and preferred the look of the 4000.
I'm very impressed with the quality so far, it seems to cope well with all sorts of lighting conditions. The only thing it struggled with was the fast and bumpy downhill at dusk yesterday, that was blurry and indistinct but I'm really not surprised. Once it was darker, and under street lighting, it again performed very well.
The battery conked out 5 minutes from home yesterday, but I did use it at work to stream some wifi clips to my phone so I think it would last the full distance if I don't keep doing that, I'll find out this evening.
It came with a spare battery, and it's easy to re-charge through a USB at work, but I don't want any more faff than strictly necessary so it will suit me if it does the full distance on one battery.

If anyone is interested, and I can work out how to do it, I'll string together a few seconds of differing light conditions into a short video so you can see how it performs although this guy has already done all of that

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
And yesterday I left the ranks of the camera warriors!
The handlebar mount snapped off on the way home yesterday, flinging the camera down the road. I recovered it OK, but can't see me bothering to replace the mount.
It's a really flimsy plastic, I did have a look at the Gopro mounts, but the reviews on Amazon seem to suggest it's the same brittle rubbish that mine was made of.

J1888

Über Member
And yesterday I left the ranks of the camera warriors!
The handlebar mount snapped off on the way home yesterday, flinging the camera down the road. I recovered it OK, but can't see me bothering to replace the mount.
It's a really flimsy plastic, I did have a look at the Gopro mounts, but the reviews on Amazon seem to suggest it's the same brittle rubbish that mine was made of.

I really enjoyed filming some rides on my GoPro, but alas I dropped it on my desk and work and one of the clip-in fork bits snapped. Seemingly you can't buy it as a single replacement from GoPro (you have to go third party) you have to buy it as part of a £20 bundle, which includes all manner of other cr@p I don't need.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I really enjoyed filming some rides on my GoPro, but alas I dropped it on my desk and work and one of the clip-in fork bits snapped. Seemingly you can't buy it as a single replacement from GoPro (you have to go third party) you have to buy it as part of a £20 bundle, which includes all manner of other cr@p I don't need.

I didn't even find that kit, just the single Gopro mount on Amazon was £25.00!
I did just find a third party mount for £8.00 that I've ordered. I suspect it will be as bad as the original, but don't mind one last go for that price.

J1888

Über Member
I didn't even find that kit, just the single Gopro mount on Amazon was £25.00!
I did just find a third party mount for £8.00 that I've ordered. I suspect it will be as bad as the original, but don't mind one last go for that price.
Yeah I don't need the full mount just the clip-in bit - expensive either way

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Yeah I don't need the full mount just the clip-in bit - expensive either way

That's the bit that broke on mine, even at £8.00 for the full mount it's expensive for what it is.
I'm slightly surprised that someone isn't doing an alloy version that would fit. Must be a market out there!

Top Bottom