Today's commute home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dand_uk

So here was today's adventure (apologies for the rant)

Leave work and head down Stoneham Lane.
Coach rear end sticking half into opposite lane, slow down for caution in case he reverses.
Speed up after coach, Vauxhall behind approaching, oncoming traffic also approaching at 40mph. Vauxhall driver goes for it anyway, driver in opposite must have had to brake sharply. This gets me annoyed.
Van behind overtakes with just about enough time before blind corner. BMW behind him attempts overtake, when his front wheel is level a car comes round blind corner - I point - he stills goes for it, oncoming traffic must have braked. This gets me more annoyed.
Rest of the lane - one safe overtake then aggressive white van driver tailgating, I am in primary through blind corners. Get to red light to catch up with all of the above.
I follow above through more junctions, blue corsa cuts in front of BMW without a signal.
I keep up with BMW for a mile or so, until the next junction. Lights ahead turn yellow, red Golf boy racer accelerates thru red light as I slow to wait. A few safe overtakes on the uphill, catch up with BMW and Golf at next junction, and keep ahead thru Portswood High Street. At this point I turn off down a (supposedly) quieter street, which I noticed has just had one of those pointless speed activated 30mph signs installed, like that's gonna make a difference to the rat runners. Mostly safe overtakes on this lane, same red Golf desperate to get past, some tailgating when oncoming traffic prevents the overtake.
Cross the avenue, get chased down the Northlands Road and I'm home.

What a lovely stress-free journey. NOT.

Kies

At least you got home safe and sound :thumbsup

Top Bottom