Today's ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
6am start on the MTB,target destination..Bae Woodford aerodrome,Why ? Because i have not ridden there for over 25 years !

Had a cracking ride this morning in the sun today riding from Astley nr Tyldesley over the Warburton toll bridge,through Rostherne near Tatton Park and on to Manchester airport for a munch break.Next step was Styal and on through Handforth to Woodford aerodrome to have a peak at the old Vulcan still lingering on and two new inmates in the shape of "new/old" build Nimrod MR4A's which may or not make it to service depending on goverment cuts.Back on the road past Manchester airport and the back roads to a trail called Brooks drive which runs from Hale Barns to Brooklands roundabout near Timperley.Back on Brooklands road which was as rough as Brooks drive (glad i had the MTB ! ) and joined the extended Trans pennine route on the Bridgewater canal at Sale.The path is wonderful all the way up to Stretford but turns back to it's old muddy self as you get to the Chester road bridge.Stayed on the canal path up to the swing bridges at the Trafford centre and rejoined the road up to Worsley where i dropped back on the orange canal towards Astley cole mine where i stumbled back home with sore old legs !

Manchester Ship canal from Warburton toll bridge
DSCN4228.jpg

Trans Pennine near Lyme (across the road from the derelict Railway Pub)
DSCN4232.jpg

Woods near Tatton Park
DSCN4235.jpg

Country lane near Rostherne village
DSCN4233.jpg

Bae Woodford official secrets & no photography sign with MTB....remember me and a bike have not been here for over 25 years
DSCN4247.jpg

Vulcan XM603 still hanging on waiting for the scrapman....i wagged school on the 12th March 1982 to see her last flight !
DSCN4249.jpg

"New" Nimrod MR4A's awaiting their fate
DSCN4242.jpg

Brooks drive near Wythenshaw hospital
DSCN4255.jpg

Bridgewater canal towpath near Sale......nice and smooth !
DSCN4256.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Top Bottom