Todays Road rage incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frog

Glad to hear you're still in one piece mate!

I don't think you'll have to worry about a repeat performance from this head case. When I've reported drivers to their companies, copied to the police as well, I've never seen them again. One company who has huge low loaders actually go right across the other side of the road to overtake me and it's more than a year since I had words with them.

RR is bang on target. Get the phone numbers lined up on your speed dial and do it straight away. The next cyclist they have a go at might not be as lucky as you.

wafflycat

Rigid Raider said:
If you see bad driving you MUST call the non-emergency number for your local Police.

For Greater Manchester it's: 0161 872 5050
For Lancashire: 0845 1 25 35 45

Find out the number and store it on your phone with a quick dial, because you will be so shaken or angry that you'll be fumbling to find it.

Norfolk plod has such a number. I've got it entered into my phobile moan. I've used it on one occasion. It was *useless* Ringing the number is one thing. Getting someone to *answer* the damn thing is entirely another. I gave up hanging on the phone when no-one answered after five minutes. ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
wafflycat said:
Norfolk plod has such a number. I've got it entered into my phobile moan. I've used it on one occasion. It was *useless* Ringing the number is one thing. Getting someone to *answer* the damn thing is entirely another. I gave up hanging on the phone when no-one answered after five minutes. ;)

I know the background isn't remotely funny but I had to chuckle at that because the phone is probably kept in a draw under a load of files due to the sheer numbers of people calling in complaining about idiot drivers. You can imagine the copper who was detailed off to answer it going sick with stress.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
wafflycat said:

I phoned our local one once to let them know an alarm was going off at a council office over the road (it was a Sunday evening)... after listening to the info I gave them, they spent about 5 mins (spieling from a form, I guess) going through whether or not I actually wanted to make a formal complaint or not, was I feeling distressed, et bloody c! In the end I said, "Look, I only wanted to let you know so that you might avert a possible burglary. I can only hear it from the street, not in the house, and it realy doesn't bother me at all... but it might bother the council when they've got no computers on Monday morning" and thankfully they then stopped harrassing me!:smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
buggi said:
it's a bit off topic, but i remember once having someone cut me up in my car just before a red light. i gave the V and, coz they were looking in their rear view, they saw me. he turned round in his seat and started mouthing off and i kind of gestured to him "come on then!"... ;)

the fecker only got out of his car! :wacko:

it was around the time when "road rage" was the in thing in the media. i nearly sh!t myself, but i wasn't gonna let this tosser intimidate me... so... i fecking got out too!!! :smile:

heehee. turned out he was only about 5' 8". He didn't expect some big feck off tall bird to feckin' front up to him (had my heels on too which made me 6' 3" at least!). Little w@nker didn't know what to do, mouthed something at me, got back in his car and drove off.

yea, take me on if yer feckin 'ard enuf mate!

i was well chuffed :biggrin: by the time i got to work, but then had the "road rage" lecture off all my workmates. :wacko:

What a girl!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I called the police station but was told that such an incident had to be made in person at a police station, which is what i did on the police advice. I think it is called an RTC or something...anyway it involved a form and a signed statement etc.
In the station there were leaflets about the non emergency number with a small credit card with the number on it.. I picked one up and now carry one with me on the bike.
The police have been very happy, indeed encouraged me, to make the report official so they could do something about the situation if possible. Without evidence however they won't be able to do more than make a call or pay a visit to discuss the situation. Evidence is key. However in the 'heat' of the moment and whilst trying to stay alive it is hard to get this evidence. Thinking back on it I should have stopped the car behind and got his/her details as a witness statement, but I didnt think about it at the time.
The helmet camera is something that the police officer I spoke to was very interested in as she thought this would be considered as evidence they could use.
It is a shame that in this country a cyclist has to resort to such things just to protect themselves against 'drivers' like this idiot. But I will do so. I feel sure that one day it will pay for itself, I just hope I am still alive to see what happened on U tube:biggrin:

Pete

wafflycat said:
I'm sorry to hear of that Waffly - I've used the Sussex number (0845 6070999) just once and it worked fine for me.

Hope this all comes out well for you BTFB and the guy gets his comeuppance.

papercorn2000

If he doesn't get his comeuppance through 'legal' channels, I run a discrete yet extremely effective service...

:rolleyes: Blimey,

I've just come across this. Glad to hear your ok mate!

Believe it or not, I really wish I didn't have to wear a helmet camera. I shouldn't have to, but it is a fact of life that there are some very bad drivers out there who, having a tonne or more of metal to throw around are particularly dangerous.

Good luck with the police!

Top Bottom