Todmorden - Buckstones, CONFIRMED Sat 4th Mar, 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, right. I'll have to pass regarding next weekend for reasons we discussed. I'll be ok for a day (or shorter) ride on either Thursday 16th or Friday 17th March if you are free.
No, sorry, I'm booked up those 2 days. Maybe the ride on the 25th?

As for the phone ... I managed to disassemble it to get at the connector to the screen. I disconnected that and reconnected it in case it hadn't been seated properly and the screen came to life!

That was the good news.

The bad news is that the picture was badly corrupted in the bits that were working and over half the screen wasn't ... There was enough light coming out of the screen to see that it now has a hairline crack across it. I don't think it would be economical to replace the screen on an old phone so now I have to choose a replacement. I'll probably go for a used phone on eBay once I have decided whether to buy another Galaxy S4, or something else instead.

No, sorry, I'm booked up those 2 days. Maybe the ride on the 25th?

As for the phone ... I managed to disassemble it to get at the connector to the screen. I disconnected that and reconnected it in case it hadn't been seated properly and the screen came to life!

That was the good news.

The bad news is that the picture was badly corrupted in the bits that were working and over half the screen wasn't ... There was enough light coming out of the screen to see that it now has a hairline crack across it. I don't think it would be economical to replace the screen on an old phone so now I have to choose a replacement. I'll probably go for a used phone on eBay once I have decided whether to buy another Galaxy S4, or something else instead.

No worries. 25th March should be ok.

Pity about the phone screen.

Top Bottom