Toe in or toe out with cleats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
  • 36 Posts. Joined 8/2012
I just bought a Shimano SM-SH11 cleats that have 6 degree free play.

Though the cleats has free play pointing inwards or outwards either direction by 3 degree, I like to centralised the cleats for a start. Do we toe in, toe out or with toe pointing towards center during cycling?

Note: I'm not refering the position of ball

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That depends entirely on the mechanics of your knee. Something that nobody here can particularly help with.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Everyone is different and will have different positions.
You must set the cleats to the natural position of your own feet.

It may be a good idea to sit on the end of a table with your legs dangling over the edge and see where your feet naturally fall; often this is toe in or toe out- this will give you an idea of your sort of natural foot position.

You'll probably cycle a little differently to that but it's a good starting point, anyway.

C

MattHB

Proud Daddy
It may be a good idea to sit on the end of a table with your legs dangling over the edge and see where your feet naturally fall; often this is toe in or toe out- this will give you an idea of your sort of natural foot position.

You'll probably cycle a little differently to that but it's a good starting point, anyway.

C
This!

C

I'm going to try this before I set mine up, OH put my new Shimano pedals on the bike yesterday so now I just need to set them before I take the bike out again.

Andy_G

Ive found that having toe in has stoppped my knee pains which was on the inside of my knee, but the only problem is with that is you have to twist out a lot more to unclip.

Top Bottom