Toe warmers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The consumerist frenzy has got to me, so I fancy splashing the Christmas dosh on a pair of toe warmers, such is my reckless extravagance.

Why:
1) My shoes are mahoosive size 50s so I struggle to get overshoes to fit.
2) planning a long tour and thought they'd be better than nothing and much lighter and smaller than full overshoes.

What say the cyclechat hive mind? Is it a good idea, and if yes, any recommendations?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a pair and very rarely use them. Don't seem to offer much if any weather protection, either from the cold or wet.

Erasmus

My normal cycling shoes are summer ones, with good ventilation in the toe area. Therefore I find that in Spring and Autumn my DHB toe covers keep my feet much warmer, and I only need full overshoes when the temperature drops a few more degrees.

Happy_Days

Regular
I’m a toe covers convert and use them throughout autumn and winter.

:okay: Universal Colours toe covers are my favourite out of the various ones I’ve tried. They’ve kept me warm and dry while remaining breathable. Universal Colours toe covers have Kevlar for the underside, making them longer lasting than others, and smart reflectivity.

However, you might need Assos Evo toe covers because they’re available in a bigger size. The larger version is designed for up to size 47 (but they might stretch to 50?).

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I have had some Mavic ones for years which I wear when it’s cold and/or wet over my trainers (previously over SPD shoes in my clipped in days). They’re looking pretty ratty now but still do the job.
Might see if they still make them. They’re good and stretchy too. They don’t look dissimilar to the ones linked about. Can’t imagine I paid £30 though!

Happy_Days

Regular
Indeed, they miss the toe reinforcement.

I prefer the Universal Colours toe covers because of their Kevlar toe and underside reinforcement. But I’m uncertain if they’ll stretch to size 50 (!) shoes.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Indeed, they miss the toe reinforcement.

I prefer the Universal Colours toe covers because of their Kevlar toe and underside reinforcement. But I’m uncertain if they’ll stretch to size 50 (!) shoes.

Are they stretchy or stiff fabric?

Top Bottom