Toilet valve advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it could just be a rubber washer on the inlet that's failed. If you can, check the washer and take it to screwfix or wilko for a like for like replacement. Should only cost a pound or two.... but replacing the whole thing is hardly breaking the bank.

Jaykun85

i would assume that the little grey tab near the bottom would allow you to change the water line level? so the higher you make it the sooner it will cut off (if i have that right or maybe the lower i can't remember haha).
I have a bottom till one but mine has a little screw i just have to nip up now and then.
Thats the only think i can see in the picture that would seem to be adjustable.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Lift the valve cut off lever..Does it cut off?

If yes adjust the height ..there adjustable..

if it doesn't cut off get a new one as its probably lime scaled up so not really servicable.
there dead easy to change..after you shut off the water at the cistern..hopefully you have a stop tap on the water pipe where the fill pipe connect..

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Cheers everyone, if you were all stood next to me now you could have a big sloppy kiss. :biggrin:

I've never played with one of these before, only an arm and float style mechanism.

I've tried adjusting the height, but it still wouldn't stop.

I tried pushing down on the top, still wouldn't stop.

Then spent half an hour online trying to find a manual with no joy.

Finally, whilst putting it back to it's original height I accidently removed the top to reveal an arrangement of three washers, a quick clean and reseat and it's job's a good un. :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Glad you've cured it but I get slightly irritated by how many people seem determined to reinvent the toilet siphon and ball valve system that just works and come up with much less robust things.

Top Bottom