Tokyo bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hanzahai

Hello

I'm thinking of buying a Tokyo Bike CS but can't find any decent user-reviews online. Does anyone have any experience of using one? Specially, I'd like to know how the tyres hold up on slightly rougher services. I'm probably only going to use it around London roads and on the canal tow paths, but may go along slightly gravelly tracks on green ways and through parks etc. Are they slippy and are they more prone to punctures than the tyres you generally find on hybrids?

All advice appreciated!

Thank you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Look good, you can always change tyres. Might be worth scanning the single speed/fixed part of the forum. Or have a look on LFGSS For feedback from Londoners using SS bikes
https://www.lfgss.com

OP
OP
H

Hanzahai

Thanks Vickster, will do, looks like a good resource - though the CS has six gears, it just looks very single gear! ^_^ I asked about changing tyres in store and they said that they're not a standard size so I'm interested to see what alternative tyres are out there.

atalanta

Hello

I'm thinking of buying a Tokyo Bike CS but can't find any decent user-reviews online. Does anyone have any experience of using one? Specially, I'd like to know how the tyres hold up on slightly rougher services. I'm probably only going to use it around London roads and on the canal tow paths, but may go along slightly gravelly tracks on green ways and through parks etc. Are they slippy and are they more prone to punctures than the tyres you generally find on hybrids?

All advice appreciated!

Thank you.
Hi Hanzahai, just curious - did you ever end up getting that tokyobike? I'm in the marked for one now but can't make up my mind whether it's money well spent.

Top Bottom