Tom Simpson book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colcazal

For sale Tom Simpson book "Put me back on the bike"

Good condition, Great read. Offers please.

Cheers,
Col

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well as people frequently send it on to other forummers at their own cost I would think it unlikely you'll get too many takers!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Bods on here are very kind and tend to circulate used books around such that many get to read it - basically like Book Crossing but kept to our little forum members rather than leaving it for anyone to get.

I have one which is due to be sent to the next forummer (forgot to bring it to work with me today though!) and will be receiving another shortly from someone else.

Karma, man, karma.

OP
OP
colcazal

colcazal

I have posted on the wanted section for a Robert Millar book which I am more than than willing to pay for. In my world you get nowt for nowt, however if that is the way then I of course would be more than happy to swap for any decent read!

Cheers,

Col

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
No pressure on you, sorry if it sounded like there was. ;)

What *has* happened (and still does) is that people buy books (new and/or from charity shops) and when they've finished with them they have offered them to the forum - i.e. names of interested people go into a hat and a drawer takes place, the winner is announced on the thread and PM's address details to the person with the book... and then receives it.

When you receive a book this way you add your name to the front so whoever reads it next can see the journey the book has made, and the book has something to discuss with the other books when it eventually reaches the Great Bookshelf in the Sky. :biggrin::biggrin:

I've received a few books this way and have been happy to put them back into the forum wilds for the next person to pick up. I've also seen a couple of DVDs this way too....which reminds me, I think I may still have one of them which needs rereleasing!! ;)

OP
OP
colcazal

colcazal

No preasure felt my friend. Thanks for explaining that, in future that is what I will do!

Cheers,
Colcazal

Dayvo

just passin' through
colcazal said:
In my world you get nowt for nowt, however if that is the way then I of course would be more than happy to swap for any decent read! Cheers, Col

Ah, but in the CC world, books are happily given away and postage paid for by the sender.

And swapping doesn't generally happen. Just the luck of the name draw! :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I see that Tommy Simpson's book goes for £1.68 on ebay. Get rich quick:biggrin:

OP
OP
colcazal

colcazal

colcazal said:
No preasure felt my friend. Thanks for explaining that, in future that is what I will do!

Cheers,
Colcazal

Thought I had sorted this. Now I have the forum Police ganging up on me!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
colcazal said:
Thought I had sorted this. Now I have the forum Police ganging up on me!
Lol - no Forum Police, just people telling what the 'norm' is... I think the problem is that you've posted in quite a few areas of the forum, and not everyone looks at all areas.

There's no pressure to pass the book into the Forum, but it's not usual to see people trying to sell books to other Forummers.

If you've managed to swap it then that's fine too, it's just that many offer the book to anyone knowing that at some point they will get a different book back from someone else. :smile:

Top Bottom