Tom Tom watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
got my eye on these at the moment purely due to the fact I can pick one up relatively cheaply. Just wAnt a gps watch to measure my runs etc. Was using my garmin edge but not ideal as it wont lock on to the satellite at times as need to hold it in my hand. Likewise it's an iPhone + I have and it's a bit big for running with. Anyone got/use one ? My other option was a used garmin 310xt on the bay or similar?

Jimidh

Veteran
I've got a Tom Tom Multi Sports watch which I also got cheap from Sports Pursuit.

Does what I want - it records runs, easily synchs with my iPhone and then onto Strava.

The battery life of good and it has lots of options for setting targets. I've not used any of that yet.

I've never used the HR monitor facility as it doesn't syncs with my Garmin HR as it used Ant and the Tom Tom is a Bluetooth monitor.

Good for what I use it for which is the odd run every few weeks. I don't use it for cycling as I have my Garmin 810.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have a multi sports watch with all the kit to put on a bike too (speed, cadence and mount). I barely used it as I don't often run and use a Garmin on the bike. Available cheaply if you want it.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It's ok will keep in mind I have amazon vouchers anyway to spend so shouldn't have to shell out much on top of that

U

User33236

Tom Tom multi sport watch = Total piece of garbage.
FTFY

I bought one for Mrs SG 18 months ago and its been replaced by Tomtom twice due to it completely failing. This third one is already beginning to fail. According to her it's appalling when used in swim mode; over counts lengths and totally erratic in open water.

It has now been destined to live out the remainder of it's pitiful life strapped to her community bike at it has been replaced by a Garmin 920XT.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yep I get you , got my eye on a 310xt which could do me just now till birthday or even Xmas and treat myself. I think if I was buying again for the bike as well as running I would probably choose something other than the edge 810 now !

Last edited:
Top Bottom