Tomorrows the big day!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im also toying with the idea of getting some clip in pedals and shoes, are they worth it?

I rode for years (longer distances when younger than I can do now) without clipless pedals, just using old fashioned clips and straps - mainly because I couldn't afford "fancy gear"

Now I tried them, I would say they are not worth NOT having! I don't like standing on pedals to climb now unless I am clipped in

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice one Liam. I've got a 571 x 23 on the back, nothing wrong with 23s for commuting. A 28 on the front, but that wheel is a 406. Get the shoes and cleats, btw. Well worth having.
(2 on the same cyclepath commute only last week).

That's why - use the road, and don't ride in the gutter, and you'll get fewer ones. Cars are great for sweeping the flints out of our way.

Paul_L

Über Member
Well I expected to be shot down, and shot down I was. Lol. However, I do religiously keep my Spesh Mondo 700c x 23 tyres up to 110psi and yet still keep getting punctures (2 on the same cyclepath commute only last week). I was proper fed up! As I said, each to their own...............perhaps I should change to Gatorskins to see if that changes my luck.

Bill

agree with BM, no good on a cyclepath.

I've got Continental GP 4 seasons on my 23s and no problem. The 110psi is about right.

Top Bottom