Tonight on the way home I saw a...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ninja mobility scooterist:ohmy: . Trundling on the road with no lights and wearing dark clothes. Fortunatly the street lighting is quite good on that stretch of road so she didn't get hit. She had the temerity to get back on the footpath just as she went past me so it was good job that I had seen her otherwise I might not be here typing to you all now :angel: .

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Put, put, put, put...those ninja grannies are ruthless.

Mad at urage

[QUOTE 1634799, member: 45"]I saw a bloke driving a mobility scooter on the road a few weeks ago. On the back of the seat he had stuck a piece of cardboard with "TAXED + INSURED" written on it. Is that possible?[/quote]
He may well carry insurance, possibly on his home policy or a separate one should he so choose. He proba bly did pay tax on the scooter, if it was personally bought.

Globalti

Legendary Member
*serious mode here*

For years my late elder sister used a mobility scooter, which she used to ride along a narrow country lane that was used as a race track by commuters. She was deeply depressed and to be honest I believed she was half hoping one would hit her.

[QUOTE 1634799, member: 45"]I saw a bloke driving a mobility scooter on the road a few weeks ago. On the back of the seat he had stuck a piece of cardboard with "TAXED + INSURED" written on it. Is that possible?[/quote]
Yes Mr P if they can travel at eight MPH then they need to have a valid VED disk although I am not certain whether you have to pay anything for it and as for insurance I don't think it is compulsory but it is reccomended and there are companies that specalize in this particular field.
Alec. No I had just crossed the road and she shot infront of me

P.S. Big it's good to see you again.

Top Bottom