Tonsillitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Seem to be susceptible to Tonsillitis, used to get a dose of it ever year sometimes twice a year. This bout however has floored me, the fevers that have come with it are unreal lol. Shivering and sweating , on the plus side I’ve hardly ate for two days and I’m now down to 14st 10lb :-) .

Anyone else suffer ?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Used to ! Had them out at the ripe age of 29 - like every sore throat I’ve ever had but haven’t had one since - septic tonsillitis was the worse feeling I’ve ever had ! Kept on swallowing the clacker - even my hands swelled up and went yellow

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Mrs Gas is prone to the odd nasty bout. Being a doctor herself she's able to keep a stash of penicillin V about the house to nip it in the bud when she feels it coming on.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I had bad tonsilitis at around age 7, so the doctors kept prescribing penicillin. I eventually became allergic to the penicillin, with my entire body swelling up and covered in spots. :B)
Then my tonsils were removed, and it's all been good since (and my power/weight improved slightly :laugh:).

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I can get really bad tonsillitis, high temperature for days.
Any kind of draft sets it off: I cannot be near fans or air conditioner vents and wear a buff round my neck even in summer if there's a breeze.
Last time I got it was last year, our manager insisted on having a briefing in a drafty hall because it was a warm day.
Next day I was sick, had to take a week off work.

byegad

Legendary Member
You do grow out of it, as a child I got it every six months and it put me flat on my back, every time. My then Doctor didn't think removal was a good idea and kept assuring my parents I'd grow out of it. I did at 55!
Given the chance again I'd have had them out early on.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
On the mend now, went back to work yesterday but that was 4 days out of the game ! Think that might have been the worst bout I’ve had? High fever to go with it , shaking, shivering lol.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes GtiJunior aged 19 had this last summer, he was hospitalised in isolation overnight on IV antibiotics, paracetamol and steroids. Quick recovery though and no ill effects. Poor lad was so stoical about it, we had no idea he was so ill.

Nothing, never ever, nada zip...until 2 years ago (aged 48) when I had it really bad... then again 6 months later...then again a year later...kinda waiting for my next one :-(

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Seems to be worse the older you get :-/ had finished my antibiotics but still had some swelling and slight pain. All gone now but that was a week and half from starting them.

Adam4868

Guru
I had my tonsils out in my 30s ,suffered for years with sore throats,glandular fever ect.Touch wood been good since.Although when I feel tired or run down it seems to always be my 'sore throat's ' that affects me first

Top Bottom