too many hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
just got back from a 60+ mile ride in north Yorkshire. It feels like I've done double that 'cos of all the hills. One particular long hill I was climbing I was forced to get out of the seat for once and then the road was blocked by a few score of sheep crossing from one field to another.

Don't have that problem back on London :biggrin:

stevenb

I'd rather cycle in Yorkshire than London though...:biggrin:

yello

yorkshiregoth said:
jIt feels like I've done double that 'cos of all the hills.

I feel your pain. I've still not done a double since I moved to France despite doing them regularly in the UK (well, the south-east!) A hundred is knocking me out because it's 1300m of climbing... on the flat route!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Had to get a lift home today from the 68mile club ride:blush: First time since i started. I wouldnt have been able to get up the really steep hill on the way home. I am tired now.
Beans on toast at the cafe was nice though, some nice waitresses there aswell, about my age.:biggrin:

Joe

Über Member
I made the big mistake of not wearing anywhere near enough clothes on my clubrun today (though there was only two of us!). Did 88 miles and really suffered in the cold and rain. Arrived home wet, shivering, teeth chattering and unable to feel my fingersxx( But the legs felt good!

ash68

75 miles for me on the club run today. They seemed to go looking for all the short, steep hills on minor roads with lots of loose gravel and plenty of loose sheep flitting around. Good turn out though, 7 of us today. Must have been the bit sunshine we had up here today. We're looking for new members if anyone around Tynedale and Newcastle areas would like to join our happy little group for a Sunday cycle ride in the Northumberland countryside.

yenrod

yorkshiregoth said:
just got back from a 60+ mile ride in north Yorkshire. It feels like I've done double that 'cos of all the hills. One particular long hill I was climbing I was forced to get out of the seat for once and then the road was blocked by a few score of sheep crossing from one field to another.

Don't have that problem back on London :biggrin:

You southern nancy !

;)

yenrod

Joe said:
I made the big mistake of not wearing anywhere near enough clothes on my clubrun today (though there was only two of us!). Did 88 miles and really suffered in the cold and rain. Arrived home wet, shivering, teeth chattering and unable to feel my fingersxx( But the legs felt good!

Yuh mean that sick pleasurable masochistic feeling you get that makes other look at you wondering: why the hell you do it - though I think that myself when I'm in the shower toes stinging, regreting this stupid but immensely satisfying labour of love... ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
You're right there Yenners, in my case it's normally fingers as well as toes that are in pain but with the leg muscles feeling 'full' there's a sort of twisted pleasure as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Über Member
yenrod said:
Yuh mean that sick pleasurable masochistic feeling you get that makes other look at you wondering: why the hell you do it - though I think that myself when I'm in the shower toes stinging, regreting this stupid but immensely satisfying labour of love... :evil:
There is something strangely pleasurable about it! I find the mental battle of convincing myself that I'm not REALLY cold and it's all an illusion quite satisfying. But I prefer the comparative luxury of wearing the right clothes - that way you look like you're crazy but in reality you are cosy and dry;)

yenrod

Joe said:
There is something strangely pleasurable about it! I find the mental battle of convincing myself that I'm not REALLY cold and it's all an illusion quite satisfying. But I prefer the comparative luxury of wearing the right clothes - that way you look like you're crazy but in reality you are cosy and dry;)

Joe, thats it - exactly = cycling ! summed up...

Though totally different if its a great day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
yorkshiregoth said:
just got back from a 60+ mile ride in north Yorkshire. It feels like I've done double that 'cos of all the hills.
Hills? What hills!

a072.jpg

That's Park Rash, by the way.

Top Bottom