Took my new Brompton shopping for the first time today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
As has been pointed out on the program on channel 5 to catch a theif, it's a recognised shoplifting technique to put items into your own bags, and apparently, if the bag has been lined with foil it'll block the anti theft tags, so putting items into your own bags does highten the risk of being stopped by security or staff.

Hugs
Archeress x

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
As has been pointed out on the program on channel 5 to catch a theif, it's a recognised shoplifting technique to put items into your own bags, and apparently, if the bag has been lined with foil it'll block the anti theft tags, so putting items into your own bags does highten the risk of being stopped by security or staff.

Hugs
Archeress x
Carrots dont have security tags in Tesco. They might do in Waitrose though.

Our Lidl is more a BBC4/Grauniad type emporium - Quails are on special offer this week!
The riff raff stick to Tesco :smile:
Kinda wondering where you are in S E London.

Lidl can be quite bizarre anyway.

I know Peckham is "up and coming" (where isn't in London?) but I well remember Lidl in Peckham a few years ago doing a load of horse gear. Even though there were a couple of horses tethered just off the old canal path at the time (I was told they belonged to gypsies) I couldn't help wondering how many folk in Peckham had a horse or even access to one.

Top Bottom