Toolbar has moved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
The one with the clock and the start button. It used to be at the bottom of the screen and is now at the top. Don't know what I did but it's there now and wrong.

I've forgotten what I'm using but it's microsoft and whatever was current before Vista was launched.

It doesn't seem to want to drag and right click doesn;t seem to give an option to shift it.

Any ideas please?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Right click on a blank bit of the toolbar and select "Properties". There should then be a drop down list to select where you want the toolbar.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Right click should give you an option to lock the taskbar in that position. If it says it is locked, toggle it back to unlocked and then you should be able to drag it back to the bottom of the screen. If it says it isn't locked, then lock it and unlock it again, then you should be able to drag it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorted....

Just wait till you get a call from the FIL to say he's flipped the screen 90 degrees (on a laptop) and cant fix it..... i.e. the mouse works very strangely...... been there....what a bugger to fix.

ColinJ

fossyant said:
Sorted....

Just wait till you get a call from the FIL to say he's flipped the screen 90 degrees (on a laptop) and cant fix it..... i.e. the mouse works very strangely...... been there....what a bugger to fix.
Ha, I discovered that one on my laptop yesterday! I was reading some documents on a train journey when I discovered that using the right alt key with the cursor keys flipped my windows round. It was actually very handy because the text was a bit small viewed in landscape mode, but once I'd flipped the window, I could read them in portrait mode by rotating the laptop through 90 degrees. I can certainly see why an iPad would be good for that kind of thing.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
ColinJ said:
Different hot-key on my desktop PC - Ctrl-Shift-R!
Nope that doesn't work here, the "Alt Gr" and the arrow keys do though.
I'm going to visit the daughter 'n grandson in a couple of weeks. Methinks I should maybe leave the screen "upside down!" while away. (snigger snigger)

Bloody taskbar...I did something and it ended up on the right and now it's on the bottom and it's too big now.Two rows instead of one...I alwyas have trouble with this.

ColinJ

hackbike 666 said:
Bloody taskbar...I did something and it ended up on the right and now it's on the bottom and it's too big now.Two rows instead of one...I alwyas have trouble with this.
If you use your mouse to grab the edge of the bar you can pull it back down to one row.

ColinJ said:
If you use your mouse to grab the edge of the bar you can pull it back down to one row.

I don't know how I did it with your instructions but it worked,thanks!:rofl:

Nope it's restored itself to wrongful state again.:smile:

Top Bottom