Tooth pulling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Tooth removal..taint what it used to be :tongue:

30 years ago, i had an 'old school' extraction. Dentists knee in my chest...nnggggg....gahhhhhh....nnnngggg....crack, crack.....ahhhhhhhhh :laugh:

Just had one today....
My dentist referred me to the 'ospital because mine had broken deep, half had gone...obviously didnt fancy it himself :becool:. Neither did i funnily enough :eek:

What a fine bunch...
Two injections....a few minutes wait...some tool in my mouth :eek::ohmy: (oh....oh dear, just realised what i said :ohmy: ) less than a minutes worth of reasonably gentle but firm pushing and pulling...a change of tool....10 seconds more of the same...

IS THAT IT THEN !!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe how clean and quick it was !!!

It was so good, think i might book myself in and have the rest out :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a knack to pulling teeth, my bro is in his last year of dental school..... you actually push and wiggle the tooth to break the nerve/root and loosen it, then pull......... probably why the dentist wasn't too keen - not enough tooth.

longers

Legendary Member
The only teeth I've had out are my wisdom teeth under GA. Thankfully :laugh:.

It was funny though as we were all in a row in our beds in the wards, and they took us one by one, so the anaesthetic wore off one by one. The person to your left would wake up and you'd take the mickey out of how they looked only after the person to your right had done the same to you. Happy memories :biggrin:.

yenrod

Last time I had a tooth removed - I thanked the dentist as it had caused me a total night of no sleep...

NOT RECOMMENDED !..wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy (well, maybe I would but it'd have to be a REALLY nasty person) :biggrin:

on the road

Über Member
gbb said:
Tooth removal..taint what it used to be :ohmy:

30 years ago, i had an 'old school' extraction. Dentists knee in my chest...nnggggg....gahhhhhh....nnnngggg....crack, crack.....ahhhhhhhhh :laugh:

Just had one today....
My dentist referred me to the 'ospital because mine had broken deep, half had gone...obviously didnt fancy it himself :becool:. Neither did i funnily enough :eek:

What a fine bunch...
Two injections....a few minutes wait...some tool in my mouth :tongue::ohmy: (oh....oh dear, just realised what i said :biggrin: ) less than a minutes worth of reasonably gentle but firm pushing and pulling...a change of tool....10 seconds more of the same...

IS THAT IT THEN !!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe how clean and quick it was !!!

It was so good, think i might book myself in and have the rest out :biggrin:
You're lucky, mine took 3 hours, blood everywhere, bits of bone here and there :eek:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i had one out a few years ago, and the dentist had a student on to observe, as apparently extractions are not as common as they used to be. perhaps because they did not have the whole tooth to work with was what was of interest.

anyway, i was back at work the same day.

Keith Oates

Janner
Something I try not to remember but I had one out a few years back that had me sweating in the chair for a while. Don't want to go through that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz

Guru
Be honest...Who else is subconsciously cleaning their teeth with their tongue whilst reading this thread?

snorri

Legendary Member
I used to think fillings were worse than extractions.
The school dentist had a drill powered by a foot treadle, so whilst he was holding the drill on the tooth, his right foot was pumping away on the treadle. The drill was powered by an endless string from drill head to treadle via numerous guide wheels along the way. All the poor patient could do to take his mind of the noise of the drilling was to keep an eye on one of the guide wheels and count the number of seconds it took for the knot in the string to do one complete circuit.:biggrin::eek::laugh:

mondobongo

Über Member
I have quite a few broken ones that need pulling, read the OP and thought maybe its time to get my teeth fixed read the rest and thought nah gone this long can manage a bit longer.

Top Bottom