TOP 5!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Location
Warrington
My ear drum bursting 115 db 'Thunder Horn'.
My retina burning Twin 'Cree Ultrafire' torches.
My un-puncturable (I may regret saying that) Schwalbe Marathon/Durano Plus tyres.
My MP3 player......I love a nice podcast.
My Crud Roadrace mudguards.

I wish you'd said top 10, I could go on.

What mounts are you using for your Crees? Looking at going down the same route as yourself.
 

Bicycle

Guest
For bike:

1. Cadence computer (helps to stop commuting getting dull).

2. Old supermarket soup container stuffed into second bottle cage. The best way to carry tubes, patches, solution, allen keys, levers and a gilet.

3. An iPod (for training climbs only, as I'm nervous about using one in town).




For me:

1. Overshoes (for winter commuting. I hate having cold, wet feet).

2. One of those stretchy headband things (for winter commuting).

3. Bib tights (for my old knees, once it's cooler than the Sahara on a warm day).

4. A cotton casquette for making me feel like Hinault, for letting me see against a low sun and for allowing my head to sweat comfortably.

5. Good sports glasses because I just don't like things going into my eyes...
 

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
For bike:
1) Saddle bag,
2) Frame Pump
3) Cateye Cadence Computer
4) Rear Light
5) Laser Gun set to "kill"

For me:
1) SPD shoes
2) Merino tops in hot weather/Bamboo top in cold weather
3) Bamboo top in cold weather
4) Fingerles gloves in the warm, full finger gloves in the cold
5) Lance Armstrong® turbo legs
 
OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Guru
Location
beds/ london
Oh, this could start another tiff! Well here goes....
Personally, I don't think mp3 is a serious safety issue. I've been cycling with music since I had a Walkman the size of a dictionary, and have never had any accidents with one on - or without one actually. Oh, except that time with a dog. Yes, I did have one accident, and I happened to be listening to music at the time, but I would have had the accident with or without the music. I was riding along, going quite fast, when all of a sudden a dog broke loose from its owner and ran straight in front of my path to tell me what he thought of cyclists. Anyway, I hit him at great speed and went flying over my handlebars, landing in the road a few metres from my bike. Ouch! No lasting damage, but my bike was a right off. Anyway, that was my only accident that I've ever had ever. So, why am I rabbiting on like this? Just to say that I very ofen listen to music when I'm cycling, especially when I'm going on boring roads, and I've never had an accident because of it.
However, I would add one item to my list, especially if you have mp3, to compensate for the fact that you can't hear the traffic coming so easily: a rear view mirror. I've been cycling seriously for 26 years, 25 of them without a rear view mirror. I bought one for my Greece tour. Marvellous. You can see the traffic coming from a long way off and gives you an extra "sense" of the road.

yeah i am sure its just personal preference. i have ridden with music but only had the left ear plug in!:wacko: must say i am suprised this hasnt sparked a bit more intrest!
 
Top Bottom