TOP 5!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calibanzwei

My ear drum bursting 115 db 'Thunder Horn'.
My retina burning Twin 'Cree Ultrafire' torches.
My un-puncturable (I may regret saying that) Schwalbe Marathon/Durano Plus tyres.
My MP3 player......I love a nice podcast.
My Crud Roadrace mudguards.

I wish you'd said top 10, I could go on.

What mounts are you using for your Crees? Looking at going down the same route as yourself.

Bicycle

For bike:

1. Cadence computer (helps to stop commuting getting dull).

2. Old supermarket soup container stuffed into second bottle cage. The best way to carry tubes, patches, solution, allen keys, levers and a gilet.

3. An iPod (for training climbs only, as I'm nervous about using one in town).

For me:

1. Overshoes (for winter commuting. I hate having cold, wet feet).

2. One of those stretchy headband things (for winter commuting).

3. Bib tights (for my old knees, once it's cooler than the Sahara on a warm day).

4. A cotton casquette for making me feel like Hinault, for letting me see against a low sun and for allowing my head to sweat comfortably.

5. Good sports glasses because I just don't like things going into my eyes...

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
For bike:
1) Saddle bag,
2) Frame Pump
3) Cateye Cadence Computer
4) Rear Light
5) Laser Gun set to "kill"

For me:
1) SPD shoes
2) Merino tops in hot weather/Bamboo top in cold weather
3) Bamboo top in cold weather
4) Fingerles gloves in the warm, full finger gloves in the cold
5) Lance Armstrong® turbo legs

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
Oh, this could start another tiff! Well here goes....
Personally, I don't think mp3 is a serious safety issue. I've been cycling with music since I had a Walkman the size of a dictionary, and have never had any accidents with one on - or without one actually. Oh, except that time with a dog. Yes, I did have one accident, and I happened to be listening to music at the time, but I would have had the accident with or without the music. I was riding along, going quite fast, when all of a sudden a dog broke loose from its owner and ran straight in front of my path to tell me what he thought of cyclists. Anyway, I hit him at great speed and went flying over my handlebars, landing in the road a few metres from my bike. Ouch! No lasting damage, but my bike was a right off. Anyway, that was my only accident that I've ever had ever. So, why am I rabbiting on like this? Just to say that I very ofen listen to music when I'm cycling, especially when I'm going on boring roads, and I've never had an accident because of it.
However, I would add one item to my list, especially if you have mp3, to compensate for the fact that you can't hear the traffic coming so easily: a rear view mirror. I've been cycling seriously for 26 years, 25 of them without a rear view mirror. I bought one for my Greece tour. Marvellous. You can see the traffic coming from a long way off and gives you an extra "sense" of the road.

yeah i am sure its just personal preference. i have ridden with music but only had the left ear plug in!:wacko: must say i am suprised this hasnt sparked a bit more intrest!

Top Bottom