Top Bar Shifters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crashingscot

recently I saw a set of what I can only describe as top bar shifters on the top of a drop bar, these were shimano indexed shifters fitted each side of the stem (Not bar ends of brake/shifter type) - anyone know where I could purchase such an item. There was no Shimano part number on them or name.

bobg

Über Member
I may be wrong but it might have been a diy job. I recall "modifying " some old band on downtube shifters and fitting them on the top end of the stem. If I remember rightly I fitted cable stops to the downtube braze ons in the same way as you would need to do if you were modifying for bar end shifters. If you dont have downtube braze ons then SJS Cycles supply a little modified band on gizmo that does the same job. You'll need to do a bit of experimentation but it does work :blush: I'll google for a picture, theres bound to me one somewhere. Just reread this and it sounds a bit complex ... hope it makes sense

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The cheap Claud Butler has them. The base model. I dont really like them, less aero and they are big and look silly.

Top Bottom